Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Mini Coconut Cakes with Cream Cheese Frosting {GF}

Coconut and cream cheese: two of my favourite things. So what better than to put them together in a cute, tiny cake? They are little gluten-free delights. And if you don't think they are, well, then I don't know what. Go to the store and get some cupcakes. Cupcakes will take the sorrow of unworthy cakes right out of your mind.

FYI, the one in the teacup may look adorable. But it tasted AWFUL. Just awful. Please, don't ever bake yourself these in a teacup. The results are not very pleasant, and if you bake yourself a whole batch in teacups, I guarantee you, you will need to go buy yourself some cupcakes.
Ingredients:
Cake:
- 1 cup of Bob's Redmill all purpose gluten-free flour (I don't know if that is the exact name)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut
Frosting:
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Chocolate chips to top

Preheat the oven to 350. Mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the milk, eggs and vanilla. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir. Add the coconut and stir well. Bake for 25 minutes.

For the frosting, whip together the cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar. Frost the cakes when they are cool. Add the chocolate chips on top, and your done!

I hope you like them. Tell me if you do!

~Amy ^_^

4 comments:

  1. These look delicious!! I like anything that is gluten free as well. I bought the GF flour, so now just need to make something with it. My hubby loves coconut! I'm not much of a baker or cook - do I actually cook in the mugs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can bake them in mugs if you want to. I baked one of them in a mug, and the other ones in little ramekins. I hope you like them! Oh,and by the way, it only makes about three, you might have to double the recipe. :)

      Delete
  2. Тhese sound delicious! The recipe looks simple so I might even give it a try - i love anything that has coconut in it haha! :))) thank you for sharing!
    xxx,
    Lilla
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!