Thursday, 8 May 2014

::DIY Color Dipped Jars::


DIY Color Dipped Jar

There are a million uses for these little jars. You can keep your pencils in them, keep little treats like peanuts in them, or make a bunch and use them as candle holders at your next outdoor party. Your choice!

Materials:
-Old jar (I used a salsa jar)
-White yarn
-Food coloring (I used neon)
-Old container
-Double sided tape

1) Soak your jar in warm water and soap for 30 minutes. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
2) Put a band of double sided tape around the bottom of the jar.
3) Stick your yarn on the double sided tape and start wrapping so no jar is shown. You can wrap neatly is you want, but I didn't. I think the messiness adds to the charm. :)
4) Fill your old container with water. The water should be only as high as you want the color on your jar to be.
5) Put a drop of food coloring in the water and stir it around.
6) Put you jar in the water so it is standing up. You may need to put a heavy object on top of the jar to keep it down. Let sit for 15 minutes.

DIY Color Dipped Jar

Enjoy!

~Amy~

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I love the ombre look :)

    Jennifer Ashley
    www.prettylittledetails.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! So cute. I love it! That stuffed toy is super cute too :)

    x Cory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute DIY! I love the pastel feel! And there's that adorable little panda :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!