-Old jar (I used a salsa jar)
-Food coloring (I used neon)
-Double sided tape
1) Soak your jar in warm water and soap for 30 minutes. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
2) Put a band of double sided tape around the bottom of the jar.
3) Stick your yarn on the double sided tape and start wrapping so no jar is shown. You can wrap neatly is you want, but I didn't. I think the messiness adds to the charm. :)
4) Fill your old container with water. The water should be only as high as you want the color on your jar to be.
5) Put a drop of food coloring in the water and stir it around.
6) Put you jar in the water so it is standing up. You may need to put a heavy object on top of the jar to keep it down. Let sit for 15 minutes.