Tuesday, 10 June 2014

::Moisturizing Green Tea Lip Balm DIY::

Green Tea Lip Balm DIY
I was inspired to make this lip balm by this post on Henry Happened. I didn't really want to make is spf, though. I made some lip gloss a while ago that was super moisturizing, so I decided to add a little green tea to it. 

*A word about coconut oil: If you celiac and a baker like me, you will probably have a big tub of coconut oil somewhere nearby. You can get it at health food stores or at Costco. If you use it, it would be good to microwave it for about 25 seconds. Just use the solid like part, not the completely melted stuff. :) You can also leave it out, but I don't know if the lip gloss would work as well. If you don't use it, please tell me how it turns out!*

Materials:
1 tsp honey
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 tbsp vasoline
Green tea bag
Lip gloss container

Melt the coconut oil for about 25 seconds. Put the soft part of the coconut oil in another container and mix with the vasoline and honey. Steep the green tea in a little bit of water for about 3 minutes so it is very strong. Mix it all together and put it in your lip gloss container.

Enjoy!

Green Tea Lip GLoss DIY
~Amy~

6 comments:

  1. Love, love this DIY! Tea lip balm sounds lovely :) I'll have to try making it!

    MJ
    www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you do make it, please let me know :)

      Delete
  2. this is such a good idea!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win £250+ worth of beauty products on my blog right now, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool :) nice idea !
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!