Tuesday, 1 July 2014

:: DIY Canada Plushie ::


Make you own little Canada creature for Canada Day! Originally it was supposed to be a cat, but it doesn't really look like one. So a creature it is!

*The pattern is here. Sorry, its messy*
**This creature is made the same way as in this guest post I made on Little Panda Crafts**

You will need:
-Red felt
-White felt
-Black felt
-Pink felt
-Matching thread
-Stuffing

1)Cut out the pieces according to the pattern.
2) Sew the face and maple leaf onto the white triangle.
3) Right sides together, sew the white triangle and one red triangle right sides together. Repeat for the other 2 red triangles.
5) Right sides together, sew all the triangles together until you get to the top. Don't sew it all the way up! Instead, sew the small circle on so that the triangles form a tent. Finish sewing all the sides together.
6) Sew the big circle onto the bottom of the tent, leaving a hole.
7) Turn the tent right-side out and stuff so it is nice and round.Finish sewing him up.
8) Sew the ears onto your little creature.

Enjoy your creature, and have a wonderful Canada Day!


~Amy~

28 comments:

  1. Hello there. Very nice blog. I like the style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love the plushie, the face is too kawaii :) And just in time for Canada Day too :)
    This was good inspiration for me, I'm thinking of making a US-themed plushie for the Fourth of July, except with also blue felt and a star instead of a maple leaf. I'l let you know if I do! :)

    MJ // www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to see it. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I would love to follow each other. Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin? I'm much more active on it. :)

      Delete
  4. So much cuteness! Go Canada! I would love to visit toronto or montreal one day :) I always look forward to your posts Amy. Sorry I don't always comment on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to go to Toronto or Montreal, but I've mostly just stayed in B.C., Alberta and Saskatchewan. :)

      Thank you so much! You don't have to comment on everything. :)

      Delete
  5. What a cute idea! I have a dog.. she usually destroys everything but this may be a cute toy to make her anyways. Your creature came out super cute!!

    xo,
    Amy
    STYLEchocolatechip.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  6. Aweee. This is so cute. It looks like a little sushi. Your cat is so cute. I love cats sm. Lol

    Daisy l KlassicKitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. I am such a sucker for Onigiri.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I have just created a blog, mind following me back? And canyou give me a few tips about blogging and gaining followers?
    freethestarlight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to follow you back! Would you like me to follow you through blogger or Bloglovin? I'm more active on Bloglovin. :)

      I can try to give you some tips. :)

      Delete
    2. Through Blogger sure :D

      Delete
    3. Ok I'll follow you through blogger. :)

      Delete
  9. Very, VERY adorable! I wonder how it would be living it Canada. Nicely done! I really like it.

    claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Nothing really different in Canada, except sometimes in the winter it is -40 C. And the snow usually starts in late October-November and goes till late March to April.

      Delete
  10. Oh gosh! That is just super adorable. You made it seem so easy to make. I hope I can follow the instructions properly when I do it. I also love your other plushy works. Thank you so much for sharing them! Cheers!

    Loretta Boronat @ My Sibling Dolls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!! If you do make one, I would love to see it. :)

      Delete
  11. I adore your cat :D It seems he got a toy ;) I like the Canadian leaf a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He most certainly does. :)

      Delete
  12. One of the cutest little creatures I've ever seem!! :o}}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!