Thursday, 10 July 2014

:: Flan in a Teacup Plushie ::

Flan in a Teacup Plushie
Lately I've been obsessed with the Kitchen Princess manga series. So I decided to make one of Najika's favorite recipes: flan in a teacup! 

I got the idea for the structure of the teacup and flan from this tutorial, and the idea for the whipped cream from this tutorial.

If you really were to make this, the caramel sauce would be on the bottom.But I thought it was cuter on top for the purpose of a plushie. 

The pattern is here 

Materials:
-Stuffing
-White felt
-Yellow felt
-Caramel felt
-Light pink felt
-Matching thread

1) Cut out the pieces according to the pattern

Teacup:

2) Sew the heart onto one of the white strips
3) Sew the top of the 2 white strips together using blanket stitch.
4) Sew the sides to the bottom using blanket stitch. Sew the sides together, too.
5) Sew the handle to the side of the teacup.


Halfway through! Take a break for a rest or to make some flan 
Flan:
6) Sew the caramel sauce to the side of the flan.
7) Sew the bottom of the flan to the sides and stuff. Finish sewing up the flan.
8) Sew the tips of the whipped cream together.
9) Sew the whipped cream onto the flan.
Flan in a Teacup Plushie
10) Put the flan in the teacup, and thats it!


Enjoy you flan in a teacup 

~Amy~

38 comments:

  1. aww this is so adorable! I've never even thought of doing things like this, I really like it :) You're talented :)


    Jen xx
    jentea.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thank you for visiting my blog. :)

      Delete
  2. That's so cute! I love this blog!
    http://ifashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I'm thinking of making one to use as a pincushion for sewing. You are so creative :)

    Jennifer Ashley
    www.prettylittledetails.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! If you do make it, I would love to see it. :)

      Delete
  4. ADORABBBLLLE! SO CUTE! You have so much talent ;)

    x claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so great! I love Manga!
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Manga is the best. :)

      Delete
  6. oh my ! This looks so cute ! I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I love the little heart on the side. :)

      Delete
    2. I like the heart, too. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh wow that's so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! love the whipped cream amy xo

    cranberrydeer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think the whipped cream is my favorite part. :)

      Delete
  10. This is adorable! Thanks so much for always commenting on my posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love your posts. :)

      Delete
  11. I watch the Kitchen Princess anime. :) Is the manga better?
    Your plushie is so cute! I will probably be making something similar to share on my blog. Would it be okay if I included a photo of your plushie in my blog post as long as I link it (to show where I got my inspiration from)?

    MJ // www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I confused it with another anime because of the "Kitchen" in the tile. Lol I feel dumb for overlooking the word :)

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see what you make! I would love for you to include a photo, thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  12. !!! I remember reading kitchen princess. They have the cutest recipes. I remember this flan cup that she made for Daichi. Super creative.

    Daisy l littlekawaiidaisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, the recipes are really cute. :)

      Delete
  13. Lovely :) I don't do such things but I see you've done many nice ones :) Love the title of your blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy, this is the cutest! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! If I had a daughter, I'd like her to do such things in her free time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!