Friday, 19 September 2014

:: Homemade Voice Tea ::

Hello everybody! Sorry for a the sub-par posts lately, I've been absolutely exhausted lately so I'm going to keep tiding you over with little posts like these until I regain my energy.

Anyways, if you know me, you probably know that I sing ALL THE TIME. (Before we start, I'm going to tell you that I'm not the best singer in the world. I'm not trying to say that I am, I just sing all the time and have fun with it!) All of this singing is starting to catch up to my voice. I've heard that honey, lemon and ginger are all good for your voice. So I decided to combine them all together into one tea that is amazing for your voice! And it tastes good, too. 

You Will Need:
A small slice of lemon
A few pieces of ginger
About a teaspoon of honey
A mug of your choice full of boiled water
A way to steep your tea (such as an infuser)

1) Squeeze the juice from your lemon into your mug of water.
2) Toss your lemon slice and ginger into your infuser and steep for about six minutes.
3) Take out your infuser, put in your honey and stir. 

I usually make this in a rush in the morning, so to make this go faster just put your honey spoon in the mug while it steeps and stir it around when your done. Also, just steep it for as long as you have. Pour it in a travel mug and your good to go! (I just remembered about the tea from the photo I took. It actually tastes really good cold, just to let you know!)

By the way, I have an audition soon and I was wondering of you guys have any favorite monologues from musicals. Please let me know!

Sorry for rambling so much, I hope you enjoy your tea if you make it. 

~Amy~

28 comments:

  1. I haven't done my tea like this :) Good luck on the auditions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! yum yum yum! I love tea, and so I have to try this. Oh, and I am in love with your new blog design x

    cranberrydeer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cory! And if you try it, please let me know. I would love to see how it turns out for you. :)

      Delete
  3. Will try to make this too since i love tea and just been stuck with green teas lately.

    Join my giveaway here!

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! Please let me know if you try it. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great idea! I will have to try this in the winter when I have a sore throat (which tends to happen a lot, lol!)
    I'm sure you sing beautifully! Good luck with your auditions, too!
    Hmm...monologue..I don't know, I'm thinking of Juliet's last monologue in Romeo and Juliet, when she decides to perform the plan of faking her death. It was pretty chilling..

    MJ // www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much MJ, if you try it please let me know! :)
      Thank you. :D
      Ooh it sounds good, I will definitely think about it.

      Delete
  5. Hey, Amy! I hope the audition goes well. There's a song I like from Newsies called Sante Fe...I'm not sure if that's what you mean, but there you go. :) That tea sounds nice...and your teacup is so pretty. :)

    xx

    a free mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and is that a new header? It's really pretty! <3

      Delete
  6. mmmmm the tea sounds so nice. I think anything lemon and honey wise is good. :)

    ~ Lu
    xx
    http://littlestepsbigheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love lemon. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm just recovering from a terrible cold, lost my voice!
    You don't know how helpful this post was to me:) Thank you so much<3
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much June! I'm so happy this helped you! :D

      Delete
  8. Might make some soon I love ginger and lemon c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgia, if you do make it, please let me know! :)

      Delete
  9. hmmm! thisis interesting thanks for shairng, i dont sing, but its worth a try! ;) I just stumbled upon your blog! And wow it is amazing, definitely one which is great for inspiration. I love this post specially the great vivid pictures! I would love for you to check out my blog, which by just scrolling through your page, I know you will love!! Keep up the good work
    http://www.timeless-look.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Gogui! If you do make it, please let me know. :)

      Thank you so much! I will be sure to check out your blog.

      Delete
  10. I love tea and these sound amazing, love the blog!

    http://thebeautytearoom.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lemon and ginger always works wonders for me :-)

    Good luck with your audition :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love this type of tea! My mom makes it for me when I have a sore throat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Daisy-Chan! :D

      Delete
  13. I had a musical premiere this past Friday so after practicing all day every day for the past week my voice cracked yesterday, thanks so much for this recipe, it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that it helped you! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!