Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Mini Pumpkin Chai Pies {Dairy + Gluten Free}

Hello Everyone! 
Since I've been very obsessed with autumn and pumpkins lately, I thought I'd make a pumpkin pie. Not just any pumpkin pie, but bite sized ones made in muffin tins. They taste better then they look, and they are light and fluffy. This is actually a really easy recipe, so be sure to try it!

Ingredients:
Crust:
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
 1 1/2 cups of Gluten free graham cracker crumbs (packaged or otherwise)
Filling:
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs 
2 tbsp corn starch 
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp molasses
Tea:
1/2 cup Milk of your choice (I used almond)
2 chai tea bags

1) Preheat your oven to 350
2) Line a muffin tin with muffin cups, and set aside.
3) Mix all of your crust ingredients together.
4) Put a little bit of crust in the bottom of each muffin cup, being sure to press down as much as possible.
5) Refrigerate the crusts while you make the filling
6) Heat your milk in a small saucepan until warm. Steep the teabags in it for five minutes.
7) Put all of the filling ingredients together and blend in a blender.
8) Pour the filling into the muffin cups, almost to the top.
9) Bake your little pies for 30 minutes.
10) Let cool and enjoy!

I hope you like these! Please let me know if you try them.


~Amy~

36 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm happy you like them. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice
    thank for sharing!

    New post in
    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and You're welcome. :)

      Delete
  3. What a brilliant idea, this would be perfect for one of my best friend who needs gluten free food ^____^ Looks very yummmy too!



    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emi! If either of you try them, I would love it if you could let me know how they turned out. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ines de Castro! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh.my.gosh. these are super adorable and they look so yummy! okay, I am officially forcing my sister to bake them for me sometime, lol. They would be such a great dessert for gluten or dairy free guests at Thanksgiving! :)

    MJ // www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! If you do make them, please let me know. :)

      Delete
  6. Loving the recipe <3 Thanks for sharing...I followed you on bloglovin!

    Beatriz || Classy and Trendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if I can get all the ingredients here... but it looks cute - just like always :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so good! I tend to avoid gluten and dairy too so this is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't normally eat things like these but they look amazing, I think I'm gonna have to try them! I'll tweet you a picture when i do :')

    Esmee x

    ezzlepops.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I can't wait to see! :D

      Delete
  10. These look amazing and really good. I like the fact they are both dairy & gluten free! I remember you saying you suffered from Coeliacs. I've recently gone gluten free and noticed a big difference to my life. Though it can be tricky sometimes because I'm lactose intolerant and a veggie :-| Thank goodness for health food shops and 'free from' sections in shops! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is hard when you're off so many things, but health food shops are great! :)

      Delete
  11. they look great :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummmyy!! It looks delicious doll!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pumpkin isn't really too popular in my country, but maybe I can try this out in time for halloween ^_^

    xoxo
    Strawberry Bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try it, please let me know. :)

      Delete
  14. I love your photos and the cute edits. Definitely trying this out ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Daisy! If you do make it, please let me know. :)

      Delete
  15. Omg! Looks so yummy. I am now craving for a mini pumpkin chai pies. If only my oven didn't die last week I would definitely try this out. :) Thanks for this!

    x, shekinahjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shekinah, I'm happy you think they look good. :)

      Delete
  16. this looks sooo yummy!:)

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!