Friday, 7 November 2014

:: Study Tips ::

Hello everyone! 
I had WAY more tests then usual this week. So I though it was time to make a study tips post! 
Just to let you know, things that work for me might not work for you. 

1) Be Organized 
This is something to do even before you know you have a test. Always take notes in class, and try to keep them organized. Last year I wrote everywhere and doodled over everything. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against doodling. Just doodle on a separate page!

2) Study 
Actually study. Even five minutes is better then nothing at all!

3) Remind Yourself Why You're Studying
Before you start studying remind yourself of your dreams. I find this is a huge motivation for me!

4) Listen to Study Music 
Don't listen to your absolute favorite songs that you get really into. It just distracts you to much! I like to listen to Cour de Pirate, because its really calm and soothing, and besides, its in French so I can't sing along.

5) Use Your Notes
I personally like to go over my notes and highlight them, and sometimes write the key points on a separate page. Also, be sure to look in your textbook to see if you are missing notes from any sections. If you are, take some notes from it!

6) Relax 
After you're done, do something like drinking tea, eat some chocolate, read a book, take a bubblebath, or all four! You're not going to do very well if you are too stressed to think. 

I hope you do great on any test you may have!


~Amy~

22 comments:

  1. Love this post! Great tips :)
    I doodle over everything too! Also my handwriting can be pretty messy when I'm writing down notes! Study music helps me a lot, even though teachers always say it's a distraction! Ha ha :)
    I just finished my quarterly exams last week!

    MJ // www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It helps me too! It just depends on the music, I guess. :)

      Delete
  2. Good tips Amy! I also listen to study music; I listen to Japanese pop music which I don't understand so I can't sing but it still makes me feel cheerful. Which is needed during study sessions! ~___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I totally agree about the music. :)

      Delete
  3. Good tips
    thanks for sharing

    New post in
    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miharu, I'm happy that you like them. :)

      Delete
  4. nice tips:-) i should definitely be more organized and study more. also, i love coeur de pirate, although i usually listen to movie soundtracks while studying, especially ones that are mainly without lyrics! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! Coeur de Pirate is awesome. And movie soundtracks sound helpful, too! :)

      Delete
  5. The point nr 3 is very important. And when you don't know why you're studying the certain subject, repeat: It's good to know ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it is, too. :)

      Delete
  6. Some really good tips there, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My maths teacher gave me a great tip when I was in grade 12 as I always used to get distracted studying, so she told me to look up "White Noise" on youtube which is basically just a long set of static noise. It helps muffle background noise to keep you focussed on the task at hand. I used to play it for 30 minutes and then take a 10 minute break and so on. It really helped!

    x Erin
    louiseerin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great! Thank you for sharing. :)

      Delete
  8. Great tips, I always have problems studying subjects I don't enjoy XD

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh very great tips!
    xx

    www,sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post. Thanks for the tips Amy. My number one problem would be number one. Hahaha! I tend to be very disorganize sometimes.

    x, shekinahjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shekinah, I'm happy you like them! I'm very disorganized, too. :)

      Delete
  11. All the tips make a lot of sense.....awesome reminder for anyone! :o))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!