Friday, 23 January 2015

:: January Recent Buys ::

January Buys
Hello Lovelies! 
I thought I'd give monthly buys posts like these a try. What do you think?
I'm not going to show any clothes in this post because I've totally been taking advantage of the January sales. I've got a lot of clothes for the new year, including lots of sweaters. Spring may be coming soon, but Canadian winters last into April! Anyways, let's move onto the products.

Herbal Essences Honey I'm Srong Shampoo and Conditioner
Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong ShampooConditioner
 I had tried this shampoo before, and when I ran out I thought that I'd replace it and try the conditioner, too. I really like them both! My hair is feeling a little stronger, and I don't know if it's just from this but it probably helped. They also clean my hair really nicely.

The Body Shop Dolly Pastels Eyeshadow and Polar Bear Bath Sponge
Dolly Pastels Palette:
I picked this up from The Body Shop's holiday sales and I was not disappointed. The packaging is so cute, and the mirror in it actually works really well! I also really like the angled side of the brush. I would call the shades cream, lavender, chocolate, and a rose-brown. I actually haven't worn the lavender shade yet, but I love the rest and they are perfect for everyday wear. I'll include a swatch below!
Polar Bear Bath Sponge:
I just had to get this little guy, he's so cute! He also works really well and lathers quite nicely. The only problem is that it takes at least a week for him to dry on his own, which a find really long. But I was hanging him in my shower and maybe he was getting a little wet from that?

I couldn't find these on The Body Shop's website anymore, but you may be able to find them in store.

Essie Cocktails & Coconuts Nail Polish
At first when I put this on, I didn't really like the colour. But it definitely grew on me! I think that this is a really nice nude polish. It also has a little bit of shimmer if you look closely. Essie is one of my favourite polish brands and this did not disappoint!

I've heard really good reviews of this both from my friends and other blogs, so I decided to try it. It worked ok on me but seemed to be a little rough on my super-sensitive skin. I may retry this one later, though!
Mint Geometric Necklace:
I saw this on a $2.00 rack when I was passing by Claire's and knew that I had to pick it up! I've been looking for a necklace like this, and I love the colour and geometric shape. I couldn't find a link for it, sorry!

The Body Shop Dolly Pastels Palette Swatches
Here are the swatches for the Dolly Pastels Palette. I'm sorry that you can't really see the colours that well! However, this is pretty much how they would look on your eyes. In order, the colours are the rose-brown, the lavender, the chocolate, and the cream. The chocolate brown is a kind of matte eyeshadow and goes on really smooth. The others are more shimmery and light, but that makes them work well for everyday wear. You can also build them up a little more if you would like.

Did you like this kind of post? Please let me know if you would or wouldn't like more of them!
Have a great Friday, and a relaxing weekend ♥

~Amy~

56 comments:

  1. In love with that essie nail colour! I may have to find that for myself! And the cute little polar bear. You got some great bits :)

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should Sophie! Thank you so much ♥

      Delete
  2. Nice buy! Love that color of nail polish. :)

    http://awholelotofserendipity.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is your polar bear! Love him. Also that nail polish is beaut!
    Sarah Jane xo // www.vmgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you so much Sarah Jane! ♥

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried any The Body Shop eyeshadows, but I really like the one you bought. Lovely range of colours, suitable for everyday use. ;)
    You should give the bear a name! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ieyra, I thought so too ♥
      Hehe I should!

      Delete
  5. Love that color nail polish :D

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the St Ives scrub ! :)

    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannen, that's good to know ♥

      Delete
  7. Herbal Essence really does smell really really nice! And that nail polish colour is lovely! c:

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Thank you Amy-Anne ♥

      Delete
  8. Love that essie nail varnish, looks great! xx

    http://kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at that Polar Bear bath sponge!! Adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm liking the Polar Bear - I nearly bought him as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ananka, he's so cute! ♥

      Delete
  11. I've tried those Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner before and I really liked them! I've always wanted to try the St. Ives Apricot scrub!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh very cute that nude nail polish
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That polar bear sponge is so so so cute! :) oh and I love your nail polish. <3 that color is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he? Thank you so much Melissa! ♥

      Delete
  14. Great picks dear! I love the color of that nail polish xx



    fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can we take a moment to appreciate how amazing that polar bear bath sponge is haha, can I have it ;)
    Another Teen On The Web

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your choice of colours! :))
    N.Z.

    http://limitedweekend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in love with that nail polish. Great picks and thanks for sharing, Amy! :)

    Blonde and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, no problem! ♥

      Delete
  18. Oh oh oh! I am really liking the shade of that nail polish!! I'm going to have to pick some up for my trip!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny, I'm sure that you will love it! ♥

      Delete
  19. I love the plushie so much!! so cuteee!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The polar bear was, in my opinion, your star purchase! :)

    http://lazypenguins.com/the-amazing-design-of-the-new-canadian-passport-under-black-light/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you Lily, it was ♥

      Delete
  21. I love the colour of your nail polish, I really need to find the perfect nude! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. This Essie looks OK, it's good to wear nudes from time to time. I also like Herbal Essence and eyeshadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's what I thought. Hehe thank you again ♥

      Delete
  23. Great buys, I love St. Ives ;)

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice post

    vnssachn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haven't tried that range from Herbal Essence yet, but I definitely want to now! Great post!

    Meg xx
    http://fashionandbeautytalkz.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should Meg! Thank you ♥

      Delete
  26. Nice buys! I wasn't aware that the Body Shop sells cosmetics in such cute packagings~ I'm a huge sucker ;A; for cute/girly packagings so I should check the store out when I'm at the mall next time, haha :)

    St.Ives face scrub, is really good, and my skin is the same as yours ( sensitive) but overtime I got used to it, so I think yours should too!

    xx Courtney
    daiisoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney! Hehe you totally should, I just couldn't resist the cute packaging! You should see if they have any of the Dolly lip + Cheek stains too, that packaging is even cuter ♥

      Thank you so much for the info! I'm so happy to know that ♥

      Delete
  27. that nail polish looks so pretty on your naills! ♡ and how cute is that polar bear sponge?! I would love to see more of these posts, and I love how you always have different and unique posts! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much MJ! I'm so happy that you think so ♥♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!