Tuesday, 17 February 2015

{Wear} Winter Layers

Modcloth Winer Layers
Hello Lovelies!
It may seem like winter is almost over, but I'm sorry to tell you that in many northern countries there may still be a few more months of it. Having lived in a colder part of Canada my whole life, I know first hand how important it is to layer in the winter. I teamed up with Modcloth to give you some tips on how to be dressed for the weather and stay stylish at the same time. Enjoy!
1: Tops
Tops are a great opportunity for layering. One of my favourite ways is to layer a collared shirt and a matching sweater, like I showed in the picture above. Sweaters are my absolute favourite pieces, and are a total must have for winter! Check out some more adorable sweaters here.
2: Bottoms
Unfortunately, your favourite dresses and skirts probably won't see much action in the winter. Even warm tights are a little thin for the cold sometimes! Jeans are a great bet for colder days as the material is usually quite thick.
3: Shoes
Sorry, but those adorable little booties I pictured probably wouldn't last 10 minutes outside. Your best bet would probably be something much warmer and more durable. My go-to winter shoes are some water-proof combat boots.
4: Outerwear
 Obviously, you'll still need a coat. One of my best investments is a plain black coat that goes with almost anything.You can't really go wrong with something that simple!
5: Accessories
Cold-weather accessories like hats, mitts, scarves, and gloves are all needed depended on how cold the day is. There are tons of cute options out there, so don't be afraid to look around!

Check out modcloth here, and their adorable selection of cardigans here.


This could totally change depending on the weather and how long you'll actually be outside, though. What are your favourite ways to keep warm in the winter? ♥

And, before I forget, I finally got Polyvore. If you would like, you can find me here.

~Amy~

Items Pictured: Shirt, sweaterjeansbootiesknuckle ring, and hair pins.

70 comments:

  1. I love this sort of look I live in clothes like this for most of the winter :)
    Another Teen On The Web

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the sweater<3

    http://pinkgrandex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve just found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    I like your posts and photos! Really amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I adore Modcloth. For me it is sweaters, sweaters, and more sweaters.

    ~Noor
    http://wonderkid22.blogspot.com
    a little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Noor! Same here ♥

      Delete
  5. I love this selection;)xoxo

    http://glampond.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit I can't wait for summer to wear a skirts and dresses
    www.misslaurenmogan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the boots! So lovely x x x

    http://alicefashionwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice choices - I'm liking the sweater :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the layered look. Absolutely adore it.

    Hannie | CHAPTERS LIKE THIS

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the booties and the heart padded sweater!!! cute!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sweater, so cute! I wish the boots you pictured were warm enough, but like you mentioned- snow boots are usually the best way to go :) I love layering and wearing cozy sweaters, but I'm already looking forward to the summer! I can't stand the cold weather for too long, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! Me, too. Cozy sweaters are the best! But I can't wait to be able to wear more dresses and skirts ♥

      Delete
  12. The sweater is very cute!
    I wear worker boots during winter, also warm jackets or when the temperature is higher - coats. My base is grey coat that suits many other clothes, but I have plenty (too many!) colourful coats :D I rarely wear skirts during winter, they wait for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Colourful coats are so cute! Same here ♥

      Delete
  13. love the boots !

    hey beauties, check out my fashion illustrations:
    www.fashionillustrationsbymc.altervista.org

    ReplyDelete
  14. great collage honey, cool inspiration ;)

    If you want come to check it out my new post:
    http://honeyandcotton.org/trend-capelli-2015-coroncine-di-fiori/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're right about winter lasting a bit longer! That heart sweater is the cutest!

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh i love those sweater :)
    With print on elbow :)
    XO
    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sweater with the hearts :D x

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the selection, the sweater is so cute.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great look! I like this shirt :)
    http://modajestnaszapasja.blogspot.com/2015/02/be-happy.html
    Welcome to my blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow amazing items
    follow for follow?

    hope you too visit my Blog <3
    http://miss-amelyrose.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the outfit especially the white sweater with the hearts on the elbows :)

    Daisy ○ LittleKawaiiDaisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Daisy Chan! Me, too ♥

      Delete
  22. I love the outfit you showed! Finding a good pair of winter boots has always been hard but my mom just surprised me with a pair of waterproof ugg boots! I love modcloth too, so I'm happy to see you guys working together!
    ~ Cielo
    Divergent Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love Uggs. Hehe thank you ♥

      Delete
  23. That outfit looks great!
    I once made the mistake of wearing shoes like that in half a meter of snow because I somehow thought they would handle it ... They didn't. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna! ♥
      Ugh, I do that all of the time :(

      Delete
  24. Love this outfit idea! That ring is way too cute, would make an excellent addition to my growing collection :)

    www.littleblackshell.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! Hehe I'm sure it would ♥

      Delete
  25. Love the sweater: so adorable :) xx Anne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the look that you have created here. You can never go wrong with a warm flannel and cozy sweater and paired with skinny jeans and a low boot, the whole look just feels put together but still casual.

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rae! I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  27. Great tips! I love the whole look of those kind of outfits! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Man, oh man has this winter been cold, too! Super useful guide. Living in NYC layering is essential since it gets so warm on the train!

    XxMO
    madame-ostrich.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has! Thank you so much Madame Ostrich ♥

      Delete
  29. This is exactly what I wear almost every day on Winter.
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely post!
    Gemma xx
    notyouraveragestyleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!