Friday, 20 March 2015

{Make a} Little Silhouette Pillow

These little pillows are adorable and super versatile. They can look however you want: you can choose a solid background, a soft floral background, a plaid background, or a polka dot one like I used. You can also use any silhouette you want: a simple clip art like I used, or a more personal one like a pet or family member. They also have endless uses: a pincushion, a wrist rest, or just a simple decoration.

No matter what yours looks like and how you make it, they're super cute and fun to make. They're also  quick and simple, so you can easily whip one of these up while watching your favourite show or movie.

You will need:
♥ Patterned fabric
♥ Felt in a colour of your choice
♥ Matching thread
♥ Stuffing

1. Print out the silhouette you want to use and resize it to about three and a half inches.
2. Use your pattern to cut out your silhouette on brightly coloured felt.
3. Cut two squares out of your patterned fabric. I made mine about four and a half inches.
4. Sew your silhouette onto the front of one of your patterned fabric squares with matching thread.
5. Put the right sides of your fabric squares together and sew them up using matching thread. Leave a small gap.
6. Turn the pouch you have made right side out and stuff it.
7. Sew up the gap.

Enjoy your new pillow!
If you want, you can also make this a full sized pillow. Just change the dimensions!
If you do make one of these, I would love to see! Comment below or email me at perfectimperfectionsblog@putlook.com

Have a great weekend!

~Amy~

52 comments:

  1. This is really cute Amy. I love it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, I just love a little craft I can do while watching tv (especially since it's a bit of a rainy day today) ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miranda, me too! If you do try it, I would love to know ♥

      Delete
  3. So cute! My mum LOVES elephants, and soon it's her birthday, so I will keep these instructions in mind!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lexie! If you do make it for her, I hopes she likes it ♥

      Delete
  4. Oh very cute idea
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable and great sewn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all you DIY projects.
    BTW, there's a giveaway on my blog, I thought you may want to have a look at it. Good luck! :-)
    http://blondeandcupcakes.blogspot.com/2015/03/echopaul-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura! I'll check it out for sure ♥

      Delete
  7. Aww this is really such an adorable DIY project, as I always say I'm so jealous of people who are creative as I'm so bad at DIY to be honest!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm sure that you're wonderful ♥

      Delete
  8. This DIY is so cute :) I would love to try and make it! You have a really nice blog, I really love the type of posts you write :)
    Love Life Every Day
    everydaybeauty instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Zuza! If you do try it, I would love to know ♥

      Delete
  9. So cute, Amy! I love the idea of making a little pin cushion like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melissa! ♥

      Delete
  10. so cute, i really like the wee elephant! i used to make little things like this all the time when i was younger:-) i should get back into crafts now, hehe! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura! You totally should, they can be super relaxing ♥

      Delete
  11. This is so cute and sounds quite easy to make :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww this is so (synonym for cute)! :) Your DIYs are the best, Amy!
    x Cloudy Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yasmine ♥

      Delete
  13. This is adoraaaable. I wish I could do this. You're super creative, I'm a little jealous! xo // Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Naomi, I'm sure that you would totally be able to do this ♥

      Delete
  14. Omg! This is sooooo cute! <3 The theme and colors of the pillow is also perfect for Spring/Summer. I love it! Thanks for sharing this Amy. Have a great day! :)

    x, shekinahjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shekinah! You, too ♥

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather ♥

      Delete
  16. This is so cute!!
    norawears.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute I want one! I might make one for my room! Just had a massive catch up with your blog, its so amazing. Definitely one of my favorites. x x x

    http://alicefashionwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much Alice! If you do try it, I would love to know ♥

      Delete
  18. Amy, it looks so lovely! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for this tutorial Amy! I'm saving this on my pinterest. Your post keep reminding me to update my overdue DIY post! Heheh. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you so much Ieyra! If you do try it, I would love to know ♥

      Delete
  20. this is soooo cute Amy! love the elephant!
    your DIY's are the best! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MJ, I'm so happy that you think so ♥

      Delete
  21. I love posts like this! So cute! I'll be posting all about making a plush robot soon hehe :)
    Sophie Jenner
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sophie! That sounds so cute ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!