Tuesday, 28 April 2015

{Make a} Fabric Covered Ring Dish

Hello Lovelies!
I've been seeing ring dishes everywhere, and I thought that it was time to make one of my own. The materials that I used are super-simple, and something that a five year old might use to make an impromptu craft. In a sense, that's what I am. Just a child deciding to make things out of a crazy idea. To be honest, I don't think that I'll ever outgrow that.
 This might sound crazy, but one of my favourite ways to find cute printed fabric is the baby clothes at thrift stores. They're usually really cheap, and always have super cute patterns. They're also enough for a small project, I only used half of one leg for this. And they quite often have little extras, too, such as snaps, elastic, and trim. These pants even have a little Scottie dog appliqué on the front!
You Will Need:
♥ A plastic container, with just a little water in it
♥ Any glue you want, I used Elmer's School Glue
♥ A jar lid, whatever size you want
♥ Fabric of your choice
(mine was a stretchy, t-shirt like fabric)
Step 1:
Cut out a square of your fabric that is a little bigger then your jar lid. It should be able to wrap around it. 
 Step 2:
Mix some glue in with the water. It should be about 2 parts water 1 part glue. Soak the square of your fabric in it.
 Step 3:
Take out your fabric, and squeeze a little of the water out. Wrap it around your jar lid and leave it to dry overnight. Fix any parts that you need to with some more glue.
This is a really easy project, the drying is just a little time consuming. I hope that you try it! If you do, please leave me a comment below or email me at perfectimperfectionsblog@outlook.com

Also, don't forget to vote in my contest! The winner will be announced on Sunday.

~Amy~

*Sorry for the bad quality photos in this post, I don't know what went wrong*

60 comments:

  1. cute!! :D nice tutorial, dear!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea, Amy! :) Love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melissa ♥

      Delete
  3. This is adorable :)))
    I like the Scottie dog on this fabric a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do, too ♥

      Delete
  4. I love your style, photos and personality ! Keep going !!

    Môj BLOG /KLIK/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! :) adorable yet very simplistic.

    xx Courtney

    Daiisoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Courtney ♥

      Delete
  6. Hi:) Great idea:) I like your DIY :) and beautiful rings:) Kisses:) http://fabricandcolor.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats a great idea for a ring dish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so cute amy! ps you don't need to leave your blog url anymore, I've got your page bookmarked ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth! Sorry, it's just a habit ♥

      Delete
  9. great, have a nice day :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I love sweet "five-year-old-approved" crafts like these, though. ♥

    www.carlyandmoth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carly and Moth, me too ♥

      Delete
  11. Love the outcome, so cute. Thx for sharing.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great idea! It looks lovely and I love your rings. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jerneja ♥

      Delete
  13. how cute:-) i love that print, and what a neat idea to check baby clothes to find nice patterns! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura! They can be really cute, too ♥

      Delete
  14. This looks cute and such a simple idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. very simple DIY, thanks for sharing ^^

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this a cute and easy idea
    Thanks for share
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sakuranko, and no problem ♥

      Delete
  17. so cute!!! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! :)
    http://elsentirdelamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an awesome DIY! Would totally try it, definitely look easy. I never thought a ring dish would be covered with fabric, real creativity there :)

    Khalisah
    http://thescribblesofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Khalish! I'm so happy that you like it ♥

      Delete
  20. Wow this is a great idea! Will make one for my little things <3

    Join my giveaway
    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! I would love to see it ♥

      Delete
  21. This is so cute<3
    You finally gave me the idea where should I put my messy rings^^
    I'm definitely gonna try this with flower pattern fabric><

    I really loove love love your blog I even bookmarked it haha xD

    xoxo
    amfiba
    amfiba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amalia! I would love to see it, a flower pattern would look so pretty ♥

      Delete
  22. This is a nice idea! Will make one someday, I still don't have a lot of jewelry to put there yet LOL

    Miss Eleigh Neux | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eleigh! To be honest, I don't either ♥

      Delete
  23. This is so cute ;A; Thank you so much for sharing this!
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. such a nice idea! thanks for sharing!
    xx
    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mitch, and no problem ♥

      Delete
  25. Great♥

    http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This ring dish is so cute Amy! I also think it would work well for little earrings or studs--I always end up losing one or another, lol!
    And I thought I was the only one! Baby clothes seriously have adorable patterns! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much MJ! I love baby clothes ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!