Friday, 15 May 2015

6 Ways to Look Refreshed

We all have those days. The one where you wake up with a drool stuck to your face, panicking because your alarm didn't go off. Maybe you've been woken up by a rowdy pet or neighbor, or maybe just by nature itself. Maybe you forgot to set your alarm last night, or maybe it just broke. But whatever the case, you've slept in, and you look like you've just fallen headfirst into the dump truck.

Or maybe your alarm has just waken you up. It's morning already, but it feels like you've only had two hours of sleep. Probably because you have. Maybe you went out last night and stayed out way past the time you had intended. Maybe you had a ton of work/homework to do that kept you up past dawn. Or maybe yesterday was rough for you, and you stayed up late watching Netflix and eating chocolate. Whatever that case, you look and feel like a raccoon that got left on the side of the road.
You stumble into the bathroom and look at yourself in the mirror. You've got some serious work to do to look like a normal human being again. Or maybe not! Here are some of my favourite ways to look refreshed.

1. White or cream eyeshadow 
A little dab of this in the inside corner or your eyes will instantly brighten your face. Just make sure to blend it!
2. Drink water
This will not only make you look more refreshed, it will make you feel more refreshed. Add lemon for an extra pop! It will also help clear your skin.
3. Light colours 
This especially goes for eyeshadow. A nice, light shadow is best for those mornings that you wake up exhausted, as it won't emphasize any dark circles.
4. Blush
Everyone knows this, but it doesn't make it any less true! A swirl of pinky blush on your cheeks will instantly brighten your face.
5. Go easy on the eyeliner
Yes, you can do a killer cat eye. But maybe it's not the best fit today? 
5. Mascara
Just a few coats of a good mascara will make your eyes look much more open. 
6. Put your hair up
Nothing makes you look more tired then a clump of hair hanging in your face. Use the day to try that cute new updo! 

Before your try any of these, I just want to say that what works for me might not work for you.
What does work for you? Please let me know ♥

~Amy~


46 comments:

  1. I always find drinking water to be good :-) Especially for dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ananka, I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  2. The make up tips work for me, especially point nr 1 and 3 with 5 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy that they work for you ♥

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tips! My makeup skills are pretty rubbish and I'm in need of some simple advice, so this was helpful ^.^ Luckily, water is my favourite drink so I've got that one covered ;)

    Big hello from South Cornwall, England

    Sarah xxo | thesaltyseablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! I'm so happy that I could hep you ♥

      Delete
  4. Very helpful tips! I'll surely try them as I ALWAYS wake up this way!
    xoxo

    behindkaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Benedetta, I do too ♥

      Delete
  5. So glad you included drinking water on here! It totally improves my mood and complexion!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erin! It does that same for me ♥

      Delete
  6. Great tips, I try to drink as much water as possible :)

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these tips! I love having my hair up now, and because of that, people don't usually assume that I'm always looking tired.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Morning! I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  8. Really useful all your tips. I love it.
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know if you follow me.
    I will follow you back after it.
    Thanks.
    Www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for these tips! They're all so true, and helpful!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for reading Lexie ♥

      Delete
  10. Fantastic post dear! Hope you have a lovely day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely tips! i always put champagne shadow on the inner corner of my eyes too

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win USA beauty goodies from lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all wonderful tips. I always try to use white/cream eyeshadow whenever I need to feel refreshed. It really makes a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melissa! I totally agree, I do too ♥

      Delete
  13. This is definitely a great list of ways to look refreshed, especially when combined all together!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rae, I'm happy that you like it ♥

      Delete
  14. Laughing at your descriptions in the first two paragraph -- you've nailed my situations so well, haha! Personal favourite from your tips would be highlighting the inner corner as well as putting my hair up! This is such a great post, Amy!

    May x • The MaydenBloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much May! I'm so happy that you liked this post ♥

      Delete
  15. Wonderful tips! I think a natural looking look always helps :)

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi, I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  16. nice reviews

    vnssachn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I didn't review anything

      Delete
  17. Oh mostly I'm always wear brown eyeshadow maybe that's why my dark circle problem bever solved even after I do make up. thankyou amy ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Indira! Brown eyeshadow can be really pretty, but I find that it doesn't help my dark circles ♥

      Delete
  18. Wonderful and helpful tips as always, Amy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!