Friday, 22 May 2015

{Make an} Easy Zipper Pouch

A simple pouch like this can be used for so many things. You can use it as a pencil case, makeup bag, mini emergency kit, or whatever you set your mind to.
This pouch is also really easy to make. I didn't even use a machine to sew any of it, but you definitely can if you want to.
You will need:
+ A zipper
+ A solid piece of fabric (I used this for the outside)
+ A patterned piece of fabric (I used this for the inside)
+ Matching felt
+ Matching thread

I used a 14 cm by 2.5 cm zipper. If you use another type, all you have to do is adjust the lengths.

1. Cut the pieces out of your fabric.
For the solid and patterned fabric: cut out a 21 cm by 15 cm rectangle
For the felt: cut out a 10 cm by 3.5 cm rectangle, then round it on the bottom

2. Put the right sides of your solid and patterned fabric together and sew all around the edges, except for a small hole.
3. Use that hole to turn your fabric right side out and finish sewing it up.
4. Fold your rectangle up and position the zipper how you want. Sew up one side, and repeat on the other.
5. Turn your pouch inside out and sew your felt rectangles into the gaps on either side. 
Turn right side out, and your pouch is finished!

If you try making this, I would love to know! You can leave me a comment below or email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com ♥

~Amy~

26 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. I've seen a couple DIYs recently, including my own. I ♥ them, mainly because they are do-it-yourself, so they're normally easy and fun. I loved this post!
    -BNS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much BNS, I'm so happy that you like it! ♥

      Delete
  2. I remember I did something like this when I was much younger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds cool, I would love to see it ♥

      Delete
  3. Great idea. These are always handy to have :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ananka ♥

      Delete
  4. Look like a nice idea
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this is amazing! I love DIY projects, even though I rarely do them. But this looks too cool to pass up! I must try <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bash! I would love to know if you do try it ♥

      Delete
  6. Wow! This is so cute and looks so fun to make! You're so talented, it looks just like a cosmetic pouch you would buy at a store. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much MJ! Your kind words mean so much to me ♥

      Delete
  7. Good morning! Great post!

    With love, Nastya Deutsch ♡

    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy, thanks for this fun, super easy idea. Definitely saving this onto my Pinterest!
    ヾ(〃^∇^)ノ♪

    ieyra | http://babysoulz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ieyra! I'm glad you like it ♥

      Delete
  9. So simple but cute :) And a very convenient thing to be able to make yourself.
    xxx Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne, I'm so happy you like it ♥

      Delete
  10. Awesome post!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    xx,
    Regine
    www.ginnywhowanders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!