A simple pouch like this can be used for so many things. You can use it as a pencil case, makeup bag, mini emergency kit, or whatever you set your mind to.
This pouch is also really easy to make. I didn't even use a machine to sew any of it, but you definitely can if you want to.
You will need:
+ A zipper
+ A solid piece of fabric (I used this for the outside)
+ A patterned piece of fabric (I used this for the inside)
+ Matching felt
+ Matching thread
I used a 14 cm by 2.5 cm zipper. If you use another type, all you have to do is adjust the lengths.
1. Cut the pieces out of your fabric.
For the solid and patterned fabric: cut out a 21 cm by 15 cm rectangle
For the felt: cut out a 10 cm by 3.5 cm rectangle, then round it on the bottom
2. Put the right sides of your solid and patterned fabric together and sew all around the edges, except for a small hole.
3. Use that hole to turn your fabric right side out and finish sewing it up.
4. Fold your rectangle up and position the zipper how you want. Sew up one side, and repeat on the other.
5. Turn your pouch inside out and sew your felt rectangles into the gaps on either side.
Turn right side out, and your pouch is finished!
If you try making this, I would love to know! You can leave me a comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org ♥