Friday, 29 May 2015

Mini Chocolate Coconut Tartlets (Vegan + Gluten, Dairy and Grain Free)

These tartlets are so little that it seems acceptable to eat a few of them. Maybe five. They're light and fresh, a perfect way to welcome in summer. 

The crust is light and flaky, everything a good crust ought to be. I'm not entirely sure how I did it, but let's thank whatever luck helped me to make a near perfect crust on my first try.

 Quite unexpectedly, the coconut cream helped thicken up the chocolate filling. Don't worry about a small filling to crust ratio, it's fairly heavy. 

Of course, the raspberry topping is entirely up to you. But I wouldn't want one of these without it. It makes the whole experience fresh and tangy.
Here's what you'll need for 24 tartlets:
Crust:
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4  cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp maple syrup
A pinch of Salt
Filling:
260 g or 2 cups chopped dairy free dark chocolate 
4 tsp coconut cream
Raspberries to top

* A word on coconut cream: coconut cream is found on the top of your can of coconut milk before you stir it up. All you need is a little bit from the top, so make sure you don't mix it! *
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's start with the crust!
1. Preheat your oven to 350
2. Line 2 mini muffin tins. If you want to try, you could probably grease them with coconut oil, but I'm not sure how that would work. 
3. In a small bowl, mix all of your ingredients together. Don't forget to melt the coconut oil! 
4. Press about a teaspoon of dough into the bottom of each muffin tin. It should look something like the photo blow.
5. Bake for about 6 minutes. You will know that they are done when the edges are golden brown.

While you let the crusts cool, you can go onto your filling!
For the filling:
1. Melt the chocolate using whatever method you want. While the chocolate is melting, you can start washing your raspberries.
2. Stir the chocolate to make sure that no more lumps are left. Then mix in the coconut cream.
3. Here is where time starts to matter: spoon in a little of your filling so that it reaches the top of the wrapper. Use your finger to make a dent on top for the raspberry. You should try to do this before your filling cools and becomes hard to work with!
4. Now all you have to do is let the tartelts cool. Wasn't that easy?

If you try these, I would love to know! Leave a comment below or email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com

~Amy~

36 comments:

  1. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free? This is like the perfect recipe for me! They look so cute, and sound simple enough for even I to make! Great recipe!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny, I'm so happy that you like this recipe ♥

      Delete
  2. I wish I could eat one of them, they look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sounds perfect for me. Gluten free, dairy free and veggie yah. :-D

    They seriously look awesome. I love coconut milk. My husband makes curries and he always uses coconut milk. I will need to look for almond flour. I tend to use Doves Gluten Free Flour or gram flour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ananka! I absolutely love coconut milk. I also use almond flour a lot, it's really versatile. I love using gram flour, too ♥

      Delete
  4. Oh my ♥ these look so delicious! :D
    I must try! I'm vegan and my daughter is very allergic to most common foods, we still need to see if she can eat chocolate, but otherwise these would fit her! ^___^

    ♥ Frillycakes ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Saija! I totally understand about not being able to eat many different things. It's a shame that she might not be able to eat chocolate :(

      Delete
  5. I'll definitely try them! They looks so delicious :D
    xoxo

    behindkaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Benedetta, I hope that you like them ♥

      Delete
  6. Oh very cute and easy recipe
    Thanks for share with us
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sakuranko ♥

      Delete
  7. So awesome, I love vegan desserts. This has given me an idea for a cute recipe ^_^

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eimear, I'm happy that you liked this recipe ♥

      Delete
  8. Wow, this looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

    Bridget

    Westcoasttstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bridget, and no problem ♥

      Delete
  9. aww this looks so yummy, and its healthy and easy!

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so delicious!!! Hi Amy! How are you? I miss visiting your blog - your DIYs, favorites, etc. I didn't know that you transferred on a new blog name. Congrats btw. :) Hoping to visit more often as I'm trying to bring my site back to life again. Have a great weekend!

    xx, shekinahjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shekinah! It means so much to me that you visit my blog. I hope that you have a great weekend, too ♥

      Delete
  11. Great recipe! Tartlets look so cute!
    Thank you for sharing, Amy!

    Arrow

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute, thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren, and no problem ♥

      Delete
  13. I'm just getting into this whole baking adventure, so I'll gladly try out your recipe - it seems achievable and I best it taste as good as it looks ;)
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Arabeque, I hope that it works for you if you try them ♥

      Delete
  14. These look lovely- and they're just my type of ingredients! Can't wait to have a go at making them (and eat 5 myself!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miranda, I hope that you like them ♥

      Delete
  15. These lool seriously delicous! Thanks for sharing
    xxx Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,

    Oh, very nice ! :D

    Sarah, http://sarahmodeee.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look yummy! And it sound so simple to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerneja, they are ♥

      Delete
  18. YESSSSSSS. I'm going to try something like this one day. Cute idea!

    http://orcmilk.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cassandra ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!