Tuesday, 26 May 2015

A Little Peek into my Hair Care

Last year, I didn't take care of my hair at all. It was always knotted, tangled, in my face, and very dry. Because of that, one of my new years resolutions was to take better care of my hair. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm doing better already. So I decided to give you guys a peek into my hair care routine!
I'll link to most of the products that I use, too, just in case you want to give them a try.
Before bed:
When I go to sleep, I always try to put my hair up unless it's very wet. I usually go for a bun for loose waves and a little body, or a braid for tighter waves. I find putting my hair up prevents it from getting really sweaty and gross, and in turn getting my face sweaty and gross. I only put it in a pony tail at night if I'm extremely tired, and wouldn't recommend it as it can cause breakage. I usually try to put a little smoothing cream into the ends as well to protect against dryness.
I also like to massage coconut oil into my hair before bed if I have the chance to wash it in the morning. I find that it keeps my hair so much healthier and aids with how fast it grows along with the thickness of my hair.

In the morning:
I only put my hair down after I've gotten dressed and done my makeup. I'll usually only use a little smoothing cream, if I didn't use it the night before, and brush it out. Sometimes I'll use a little hairspray if it is particularly unruly.

Washing:
When I wash my hair, I actually use shampoo twice. I find that one wash usually only touches the surface, but the second will foam much more and clean more deeply. As long as you rinse thoroughly, it shouldn't make your hair more oily. I also like to use a little conditioner on the ends.
I don't wash my hair everyday a week if possible. On weekend mornings, I will try to just use dry shampoo.

Tools:
This paddle brush is, in my opinion, the best brush ever. It's perfect for getting out stubborn knots. I do use a comb in the morning to try and make my hair look a little nicer, but I usually end up loosing my patience and going back to the brush.
I like to use thicker hair elastics for ponytails and buns and such. I find that skinner elastics can break my hair, and I try to be really careful taking out elastics.

If you want, you can also check out the easy beauty tricks that I shared in this post.
How do you like to take care of your hair? I would love to know!

~Amy~

36 comments:

  1. Very interesting post!
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for sharing your hair care with us.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenya, no problem ♥

      Delete
  3. Good tips. I must admit I don't pay a lot of attention to my hair! :-O

    It was quite long and I got it cut to about shoulder length recently. Much easier to manage! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoulder length, me too :) I often use conditioners.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ananka! I didn't for the longest time.
      I honestly think that I'd be to scared to cute my hair that much, I've had long hair for as long as I can remember ♥

      Delete
    3. Thank you A. notcopyacat, I find conditioners really help ♥

      Delete
  4. Really good tips Amy! I take care of my hair a lot, as it is very long and frizzy!
    I always find your posts very interesting!
    xoxo

    behindkaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Benedetta! That's nice to know. And thank you, that means the world to me ♥

      Delete
  5. Nice tips. I have taken to loose braids at night because a bun was giving me poofier hair somehow. Yeah... I have to work hard not to have huge hair in the warmer months.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth! I wish I had that problem, my hair is always really flat ♥

      Delete
  6. nice tips:-) i don't do much with my hair, i basically just wash it. but as i nearly never use any product or heat on it, it doesn't really need that much either (i think), haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura! That sounds good, it can be better for your hair ♥

      Delete
  7. I also struggle to take care of my hair, in my case, for lack of time! all the things you are doing this year sound great! you should post a before and after picture!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Milu! That's a really good idea ♥

      Delete
  8. i try to alternate washing my hair too.. tends to dry up if i wash everyday..

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sybil, I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  9. Dry shampoo is such a lifesaver :)
    xxx Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  10. Perfect find, i love them all! ♥♥

    http://ovationspas.com/pedicure-chairs.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to wash it twice too, especially to get it to foam up. I use a massive paddle brush to brush it out as it's so quick, and batiste sometimes :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Velvet Blush! It's nice to know that you agree with some of these ♥

      Delete
  12. When I had long hair, I would tie it into a bun or braids too before I went to bed. I just loved the waves it gave me. Love this post <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bash! I'm so happy that you liked this post ♥

      Delete
  13. This is ever so helpful Amy (my hair is literally a birds nest!).

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexie, I'm so happy that this could help ♥

      Delete
  14. Nice tips! I wash my hair twice too. Love to use different oils, it keeps my hair healthier.

    Arrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arrow, I keep meaning to try different oils ♥

      Delete
  15. I've heard so much about coconut oil doing wonders to damaged hair, is it good?
    I've only tried olive oil on my hair and it was great (but I'm clumsy and I put too much so I had to wash my hair for like an hour to rinse it out). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that coconut oil is amazing! I've seen so much of a difference it my hair because of it. I'll have to try olive oil ♥

      Delete
  16. adorable:)

    http://spafurnish.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!