Friday, 12 June 2015

{Make an} Easy Headscarf

I LOVE this fabric. Cherry prints are some of my favourites! This was actually from a shirt from a thrift store. I loved the print, but I didn't like the style. Ever since I got it, I've had the vision of this headscarf. It was even easier to make then I thought it would be, and I love the way it turned out!
Anyways, lets continue to the DIY! It's quite straightforward, and would only take about an hour at the most to make while watching Netflix.
Easy DIY Headscarf
You will need:
+ Patterned fabric of your choice
+ Matching thread

1. Cut out the fabric so it wraps around your head with about 2.5 inches to spare. You can make the width whatever you want, I chose 3.5 inches.
2. Fold the fabric lengthwise so no raw edges are showing and pin.
3. Cut the edges of the fabric so that they are slanted.
4. Sew up the back of the fabric with the matching thread so that no raw edges show.
5. That's it! All you have to do is try it on and tie it up.
Easy DIY Headscarf
I hope you liked this little DIY! If you try it, I would love to know, and you can leave me a comment below or email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com.
Have an amazing weekend everyone! Do you have any plans?

~Amy~

28 comments:

  1. This is so cute! and it looks easy enough for me to try, hehe. Thanks for the tutorial, Amy! :D

    ieyra | babysoulz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ieyra! I would love to know if you try it ♥

      Delete
  2. this is cute and simple! thanks for sharing xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great head scarf, like a pin-up girl! I like cherry pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was going for a kind of pin-up girl look ♥

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gabrielle ♥

      Delete
  5. This is going to be very fun to try on the t shirts I grow out of this year! I really like the cherry print, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much BNS! That's a great idea ♥

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing this DIY! I've been searching for headscarfs like this, but I didn't manage to find them anywhere. Maybe it's because I have to do them myself with the help of your post! ahahah
    xoxo

    behindkaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Benedetta, I'm so happy you like this tutorial! I would love to see if you do try it ♥

      Delete
  7. Ooh, I'd love to give this a try! I'm not terribly good with a needle and thread but this looks easy-ish, and it's such a cute idea :) thanks for sharing! x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amanda! I'm sure that you could just glue it if you want, too ♥

      Delete
  8. This is wonderful! I always love your DiYs :)

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Noor ♥

      Delete
  9. Great post. I will try this at home. hahah
    would you like to follow each other? let me know if you follow me, I will follow you back after it. thank you!
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tomtins ♥

      Delete
  10. Nice pattern, I like this :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay so I've only recently fallen head over heels in love with these kinds of headscarfs because they fit my new short hair SO well *and* they get my bangs that I'm trying to grow out out of the way--but I literally just bought four bandanas from the craft store today not thinking I could have totally made my own! Thank you for this tutorial though, I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for cute fabrics to use. :)

    www.carlyandmoth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carly! I'm totally in love with these type of scarves at the moment, I love the kind of retro feel they give ♥

      Delete
  12. This is so cute! Headscarfs are adorable to wear--thank you so much for the tutorial! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much MJ ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!