It's Donut Day today! Are you planning to 'celebrate' it? Did you even know about it? There was no way that I couldn't make a few donuts, I mean it's a whole day to celebrate sweets.
I've always loved chocolate and mint together, they seem like such a perfect pair. Maybe it's the way that they remind us of the classic Girl Guide cookies, or maybe they were just meant to be together. Either way, I think that they make the flavours in these donuts perfect.
• 1cup all purpose flour ( I used gluten free. If you do, too, make sure that xanthem gum is it)
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 cup cacao powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup milk of your choice ( I used almond)
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1/4 cup mint chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350
2. If your donut pans aren't nonstick, grease them with coconut oil
3. Whisk together all of your dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl
4. In a separate small bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients
5. Pour your wet mixture into your dry mixture and start mixing them together
6. Add in your mint chips and mix well
7. Once your batter is completely mixed, pour or spoon it into a piping bag
8. Use your piping bag to fill your donut pans up about half way. You can smooth them down by wetting your finger so it doesn't stick.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!