Friday, 5 June 2015

Mint Chocolate Donuts (GF)

It's Donut Day today! Are you planning to 'celebrate' it? Did you even know about it? There was no way that I couldn't make a few donuts, I mean it's a whole day to celebrate sweets. 
I've always loved chocolate and mint together, they seem like such a perfect pair. Maybe it's the way that they remind us of the classic Girl Guide cookies, or maybe they were just meant to be together. Either way, I think that they make the flavours in these donuts perfect.
Mint Chocolate Donut Recipe (GF)
Ingredients:
Dry:
• 1cup all purpose flour ( I used gluten free. If you do, too, make sure that xanthem gum is it)
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 cup cacao powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
Wet:
• 1/4 cup milk of your choice ( I used almond)
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
Extra
• 1/4 cup mint chips

1. Preheat your oven to 350
2. If your donut pans aren't nonstick, grease them with coconut oil
3. Whisk together all of your dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl
4. In a separate small bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients
5. Pour your wet mixture into your dry mixture and start mixing them together 
6. Add in your mint chips and mix well
7. Once your batter is completely mixed, pour or spoon it into a piping bag
8. Use your piping bag to fill your donut pans up about half way. You can smooth them down by wetting your finger so it doesn't stick.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!
Mint Chocolate Donut Recipe (GF)
If you try these donuts, I would love to know! Please leave me a comment below, or email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com ♥
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

~Amy~

36 comments:

  1. My husband LOVES donut but I have never tried making it myself before. Thank you so much for the recipe, I'll give it a go!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shireen, I hope that you like them if you try them ♥

      Delete
  2. Just had lunch, now I feel hungry again. Look at that chocolate donut....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks so yummy! Wanna try this one too <3

    Flash Tattoo Giveaway!
    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have great food ideas, minty donuts sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these sound and look so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, I'l have to try the recipe, they look so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious. Coincidentally, my sister was telling me about national donut day less than 10 seconds before I read this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BNS! What a funny coincidence ♥

      Delete
  8. ACTUALLY this is perfect. Because i love mint. and because well, duh, doughnut day. and also i already had a doughnut today?! someone just happened to stop by with some, and we didn't even know it was their holiday!!
    Really like this new space, Amy, and thankyouthankyouthankyou for all your kind words recently (they mean so much)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Abigail, I'm happy that you think so!
      And no problem, I really appreciate all of your support ♥

      Delete
  9. They look delicious !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound amazing. I do miss donuts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ananka ♥

      Delete
  11. These donuts looks delicious! :D
    xoxo

    behindkaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benedetta, I'm happy you think so ♥

      Delete
  12. Mint and chocolate chip is so yummy, I've never been a big donut fan but these look good!

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eimear, I'm happy that you think so ♥

      Delete
  13. These sound so delicious. Mint choc chip is my favorite foodie combo.
    xxx Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mint + chocolate is amazing combo! Definetly wanna try!

    Arrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arrow, I hope that you like them if you do ♥

      Delete
  15. Mmm, Amy, those look delicious, I need to try those!

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Noor, please let me know if you do ♥

      Delete
  16. I love donuts but I've never tried to make my own, but will definitely give it a go after reading this! They look delicious! Thanks for sharing x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emily! If you do try them, please let me know how it goes ♥

      Delete
  17. I totally missed out on donut day then! These look absolutely amazing <3
    xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sylivia! In my opinion, it's always donut day ♥

      Delete
  18. These look so delicious omg, too bad I just stumbled upon your blog now haha..
    But seriously gotta try this recipe, even better that they're gluten free!

    Micky♡
    http://princessfromjupiter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle! I would love to know if you do try them ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!