Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Cherry Crumble Pie (Dairy, Gluten, and Grain Free)

Cherry  pies have always seemed like such a summer food to me. Not that I've had many, though. They just seem like the kind of thing that you'd bring along on a picnic, a dessert you'd eat in the shade on a red gingham blanket. Is it just me? 
Anyways, I thought that I'd share the recipe for you. I got the cherries for it at a farmer's market, as it seemed to fit perfectly with the summer theme. Also, sorry for all the photos! I couldn't pick the ones I liked best.
 For the crust, you will need:
2 cups of almond flour
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp salt

For the filling, you will need:
2 1/2 cups cherries, sliced and pitted
1 tbsp maple syrup
 1. Mix together all of the crust ingredients. Separate evenly into two bowls and chill for at least half an hour.
2. While your crust is chilling, slice and pit the cherries. After this, your cherries will be a little mangled and your hands will look like they're covered in blood. That's fine! The cherries that I cut first looked awful, but at the end they looked a lot better. Anyways, it doesn't matter, as it's all going in a pie.

 3. Preheat the oven to 375. Use one of the parts of the crust to cover the bottom of a little cast iron pan. Bake for 10 minutes.

4. Put the maple syrup and cherries into a small saucepan and bring to medium heat with a lid on. Stir occasionally. When your mixture is boiling, bring to low and then slowly turn it off.

5. While your filling is cooling, roll out the other part of your crust between 2 sheets of parchment paper. It should be about a quarter of a centimeter, but don't worry about it being perfect.

6. Now it's time to assemble your pie! Pour the filling on top of the bottom crust and spread it out evenly. Add the crust on top. It will probably fall apart, but that's fine! Just patch it together, and remember, it's supposed to be a crumble pie. Lastly, poke a few holes in the top so that stem can escape.

7. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Let cool, then enjoy!

If you try this recipe, I would love to know! You can email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com or comment down below ♥

~Amy~

52 comments:

  1. Wow this one looks amazingly delicious! I'll have to try that recipe :)

    Micky♡
    http://princessfromjupiter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle, I would love to know if you do ♥

      Delete
  2. Looks so delicious! I love cherry pie--and yes, it definitely sounds like the kind you'd bring on picnics. Your photos are lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much MJ! I'm happy you think so ♥

      Delete
  3. Looks and sounds absolutely DELICIOUS! <3

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, I love cherry taste. I made a pie with strawberries and white cheese last week btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That sounds amazing ♥

      Delete
  5. Sounds really good and ideal for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ananka ♥

      Delete
  6. this looks so delicious :)
    http://lovelyattitude.com
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXgCA_WBZujFxoMV1kXg

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had cherry pie before, but it looks super yummy <3
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia, I haven't tried many before this ♥

      Delete
  8. Ummm do you deliver?? If I were to try a cherry pie, I'd want to try yours! So delicious!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you so much Jasmine! ♥

      Delete
  9. This looks delicious darling! Wish I could bake as good as you ^__^

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linnie, I'm sure that you could ♥

      Delete
  10. Oh my! This looks absolutely amazing! I really need to try this recipe out, especially since pies are my favorite!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rae! I would love to know if you try it, and if you do, remember that it's really crumbly ♥

      Delete
  11. Oh. My.

    *jaw drops*

    How did I not see this before? This looks so amazing. I want to go make it. Right now.

    I've been gluten-free for a few years now and one of my sisters recently went off of dairy as well. Also, a lot of my friends are vegan or paleo due to allergies and chronic illnesses...so it's always hard to find yummy food that we can ALL eat.

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Dani! I totally understand how hard it can be, I'm celiac and off dairy, and my best friend is also paleo, celiac, and off dairy ♥

      Delete
  12. Yumyyyyyyyyyyy *--*
    I'ts so lovely. <3
    Diariodelolivlet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. yammi yammi, the pie has very good aspect :)

    *XoXo
    - www.helenaprimeira.blogspot.pt
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8FHHl3dT3g
    - https://www.facebook.com/PrimeiraPanos?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so so nice! I wish I wasn't on a diet so I could make one! x x x
    http://alicefashionwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! What kind of diet are you on? This doesn't have much in it ♥

      Delete
    2. Its the slimmest diet! I basically have two milkshakes a day and one meal x

      Delete
    3. Ooh, I don't think that I'd ever be able to do that! Good luck with it, though ♥

      Delete
  15. Looks amazingly delicious!

    Arrow

    ReplyDelete
  16. Um, YUM. Seriously, people need to give gluten free a better chance; it looks and *tastes* amazing 99% of the time if you follow the recipe!! And this one sounds delicious!

    carlyandmoth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carly, I totally agree! Gluten free can taste just as good as anything else ♥

      Delete
  17. Oh so yummy!
    I'm craving for this cherry pie right now!
    But sadly, I can't find one to grab hihi, wish I can make my cherry pie too!

    Thanks for making me crave for it today hihi

    xoxo
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jhem! I'm sure that you could make one if you wanted to ♥

      Delete
  18. ahhh it looks soo yummy!! I love eating pie with a nice cup of tea <3 Thanks for the recipe! ^^ I wanna try this hehe

    A C Y H O Z - blog

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I do too! I would love to know if you try it ♥

      Delete
  19. I'm glad I stumbled on your blog. Gluten gives me INTENSE pains, but I do sacrifice my comfort for really nice bread once in a while, heh. (Ugh, I know.)

    Anyways, all these pictures are way too cute! No need to apologize, silly.

    http://orcmilk.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cassandra! I'm celaic, so I totally understand ♥

      Delete
  20. this looks so delicious!! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  21. mmm we really need to try this out! We love the all the pics and are drooling just looking at them

    M + K
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I would love to know if you try it ♥

      Delete
  22. I love cherry pies and I will definitely have to try this one with maple syrup in the filling. Great recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jerneja, I would love to know if you do ♥

      Delete
  23. mmm this looks so yummy!

    Galorious x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a realy good recipe. My sister is alergic to milk, gluten and eggs, so this is like chocolate to her! ��

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!