Earl grey has been such a comfort tea to me. It reminds me of a cloudy day spent curled up in your favourite chair with a good book. Earl grey is like that ratty old blanket that you keep because of those good memories, a cozy sweater that you can sink into, a bed filled to the top with pillows.
So what could be better than combining earl grey with meringues, another of my comfort foods? What could be better than a cloud cookie filled with a classic tea? In my opinion, nothing could beat that.
You Will Need:
3 egg whites at room temperature
A pinch of salt
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp loose earl grey tea
1. Grind up the tea so that it's quite fine, almost a powder
2. Whisk the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer until frothy
3. Add the sugar gradually as you continue whisking
4. When the egg whites form stiff glossy peaks, you can fold in the vanilla. This will take about 10 minutes
5. Spoon the meringues onto a lined baking sheet, twirling the top
6. Bake for 2 hours at 200 degrees Fahrenheit
7. After 10 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack
8. Enjoy with your favourite book or movie, or eat with your friends!
If you try this recipe, please let me know! I would love to know how it worked for you. You can email me at email@example.com or leave a comment below.
What is your comfort tea?