Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Earl Grey Meringues

Earl grey has been such a comfort tea to me. It reminds me of a cloudy day spent curled up in your favourite chair with a good book. Earl grey is like that ratty old blanket that you keep because of those good memories, a cozy sweater that you can sink into, a bed filled to the top with pillows.
So what could be better than combining earl grey with meringues, another of my comfort foods? What could be better than a cloud cookie filled with a classic tea? In my opinion, nothing could beat that.

You Will Need:
3 egg whites at room temperature
A pinch of salt
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp loose earl grey tea

1. Grind up the tea so that it's quite fine, almost a powder

2. Whisk the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer until frothy

3. Add the sugar gradually as you continue whisking

4. When the egg whites form stiff glossy peaks, you can fold in the vanilla. This will take about 10 minutes

5. Spoon the meringues onto a lined baking sheet, twirling the top

6. Bake for 2 hours at 200 degrees Fahrenheit

7. After 10 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack 

8. Enjoy with your favourite book or movie, or eat with your friends!

If you try this recipe, please let me know! I would love to know how it worked for you. You can email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com or leave a comment below.

What is your comfort tea?
~Amy~

48 comments:

  1. My comfort tea is really milky sweet builders tea! That a good book and the red sofa (the one next to the aga!) is my comfort zone thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that all sounds amazing ♥

      Delete
  2. Yum! Gotta try them out! Thanks for sharing the recipe :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I would love to know if you do ♥

      Delete
  3. Sounds yummy yummy, Amy. Cute teapot.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look yummy, and I'll have to try them out.
    I agree with Lenya, the tea pot is so pretty!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I don't even like meringues that much *audience gasps*....

    But these look and sound really good!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love EG as well. These sound really nice :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks delicious and it's a great idea - I like Earl Grey a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so yummy OuO, my favorite tea is Chrysanthemum tea.

    Daisy | LittleKawaiiDaisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Daisy, I;ll have to try that ♥

      Delete
  9. These look so yummy! Perfect for early mornings---I've got to give these a go <3
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sylvia! I would love to know if you make them ♥

      Delete
  10. I used to love earl grey tea then once I had it and it just tasted so different to normal and I'm not sure what happened but I am blaming the tea bags and am waiting for my family to get new ones so I can figure out what happened. These are adorable though, who doesn't love a good meringue!?x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad! Thank you so much Libby Jade ♥

      Delete
  11. Ohh wow, what a fun thing to try. I've just started experimenting with tea and recently tried earl grey and it's lovely :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Corrine! I love earl grey ♥

      Delete
  12. looks yummy, I love that teapot too xxo
    Jamie
    www.candystilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks yummy ^^

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh very lovely recipe
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amy! I have just come across your blog and it's so pretty! Thanks so much for posting recipe, I am excited to pin it and try it :D xx

    Just followed you on bloglovin! - I am 'elizabeth (Ice Cream Clara blog)'

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | follow on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth ♥

      Delete
  16. Looks so cute and yummy!
    P.S. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo these are so cute! I'm not actually a fan of tea but I'm tempted to try and make these with another flavour like cocoa powder maybe!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alice, I bet that would be amazing ♥

      Delete
  18. I love earl grey and these must've been so good to eat. Really wanna try this recipe ^__^

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linnie, I would love to know if you do ♥

      Delete
  19. They look so yummy and cute! I love your blog! I think you have a new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cupcake ♥

      Delete
  20. Thanks for the recipe, dear! and oh!! talking about meringues though... Have you tried making pavlova and macarons?

    ieyra | babysoulz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ieyra! And no, I haven't, but I'll have to now ♥

      Delete
  21. ahhhh Amy these look so lovely and yummy! I love meringues, and earl grey tea has always been a favorite :)
    The twirls at the top are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love both ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!