Tuesday, 4 August 2015

{Review} Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments Loose Powder Shadows

I've been raving about the Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments Loose Powder Shadow in Breaking Bronze in my last few posts, so I thought that it's time I did a review on it. I also picked up the shade Buff & Tuff, and I've been loving it too.
 What the website promises:
1. Easy, no mess application
2. Stays put for 24 hours
3. Crease proof

How I think it compares:
1. I don't find it messier than any other shadow. It does tend to clump a little, though, if you're not careful.
2. I usually use a primer, but even on the days that I haven't, it stays put. I've never worn it for a full 24 hours, but it lasts for as long as you'd usually wear it and stands up to a little sweat and rubbing.
3. To be quite honest, I've never had problems with creasing eyeshadow. This shadow is no different!
35 Breaking Bronze
I like to wear this shadow on it's own, and sometimes even without an eyeliner. I find that, with a few coats of mascara, it makes my eyes noticeable enough. I don't really have any other shadows this colour, which may be why I like it so much.

60 Buff & Tuff
My favourite way to wear this colour is with a little bit of a chocolate coloured liner. It gives my eyes a sort of natural smokey look, and I finish it off with a few coats of mascara.
I swatched the colours so that you could get a better look at them, as they do look a little different than they do in their packaging.

Have you tried these before? What do you think of them?
~Amy~

38 comments:

  1. I have a few Colour Tattoos but I had no idea they had loose pigment versions! Woah! Buff & Tuff looks awesome!

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bash! I've actually never tried one of the originals ♥

      Delete
  2. Never tried it, but it Looks good :D
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Maybelline have color tattoo loose powder version. I just bought the cream version yesterday.

    www.indiranyan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Indira, I've never tried a cream one ♥

      Delete
  4. I really want some new eyeshadows, these sound good! I used to have their cream eyeshadow but didn't really like that much or the shade I bought, but I love these shades!!x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Libby-Jade! I'm happy you like them ♥

      Delete
  5. Nr 60 - it looks as if I could wear it, my shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think that it's a really nice natural shade ♥

      Delete
  6. I do like Breaking Bronze :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Owh how I wish Malaysian drugstores carried these exciting products. We do have the Colour Tattoos though...
    -Hari

    https://fiercepaint.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hari! I have yet to try the color tattoos ♥

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried these but I love the cream shadows from this line! Great post!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I still want to try the cream shadows ♥

      Delete
  9. I've tried the tattoos but I've never seen the pigments before! I like the shades, sort of subtle nudes :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do, too ♥

      Delete
  10. why have I never seen these? I think I have to try =D

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele, I hope that you like them if you do ♥

      Delete
  11. Great products!
    Buff & Tuff is totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty eye shadows! I love Maybelline's makeup line---they have so much to choose from <3
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sylvia! I totally agree, I like it too ♥

      Delete
  13. it looks very nice:)

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I really think that shade is super pretty ^__^

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow they sound amazing! thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary! And thank you, but I don't do follow for follow ♥

      Delete
  16. Those are so pretty!! Especially Buff and Tuff :) I have one of the Color Tattoos in cream version, and I love it!! <3

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been wanting to try a cream one ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!