Tuesday, 1 September 2015

My Dream Closet + How I Keep Mine Organized

There are so many things that I'd like my dream closet to have.
First off, I'd want it to be big and airy. I'd want lots of room to keep those big, full skirted 50s style dresses I love so much. And on that note, I'd love a few of those dresses themselves.
I'd also love a shoe shelf. Maybe an old ladder painted some pastel colour to keep all of my shoes organized and on display.
I would love to have a little, vintage vanity in my closet. How amazing would that be? Or maybe a huge, ornate mirror.
 But I don't have this closet, so I have to come up with other ideas to keep my current one organized and to make it as close to my dream closet as possible. I thought that I'd share some things that have helped me with all of you.
One way that I like to organize my clothing is by colour. That way I can see what I have in a certain colour if I'm looking to pair it with something. You could also sort your clothes by style or article of clothing, depending on what would be more helpful to you.
In terms of shoe organization, I try to keep it simple. I like to put them all in a row, or maybe on a shoe rack or two. Really anyway but just in a big pile. I'm trying to remind myself to not just throw my shoes on the floor when I get in!
For jewelry organization, I try to keep a few organized spots. For brooches and rings, I'll put them in a little dish. For necklaces, I tend to hang them on some sort or rack or hook. That way, they don't get all tangled up.

If you're looking for a place with your dream closet, compass.com might help. I'm not planning on moving anytime soon, but I'm sure that if I was, it would be quite helpful. I'm absolutely horrible at doing things like that on my own!

How do you like to keep your closet organized? What would your dream closet be like?
-Amy

32 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I’m really inspired by this post. Hopefully I'll able to organize my closet by colour this weekend. :D

    - ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Ieyra! I'm so happy that this could inspire you ♥

      Delete
  2. I don't think I'd ever be able to organise my wardrobe by colour but it's so pretty to see colour ordered things, especially wardrobes! I keep my necklaces hanging up too and keep my rings in a little box but I really want to buy a dish to put them in because it looks so cute!x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Libby! I love ring dishes, they can be so cute ♥

      Delete
  3. Welp my other comment went haywire.

    I was totally inspired this so I kinda cleaned out my closet, although it's still a mess.

    Your closet is totally amazing though, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Noor! I'm happy I could inspire you ♥

      Delete
  4. That's a great way to organize your clothes! What I usually do is I keep my tops separated according to their sleeve length... Ok,now that I said it I've realized it sounds really weird. But it's great if you live in a country like mine, where there aren't really any seasons but the weather just surprises you every day :P

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carla! That sounds really useful ♥

      Delete
  5. My dream closet would be a walk in one and well organised. I do like clothes and I'm really into my band tshirts. I have a lot of them lol! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ananka! That would be amazing ♥

      Delete
  6. My dream closet really similar to yours one! :)
    Organisation by colour look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your closet is beautifully organized, Amy! ♥ My closet is actually not only organized by color, but by item, too. For example, everything in the pink hue is separated in one giant section by tank tops, short-sleeved shirts, sweaters, dress shirts. Thank you for sharing!
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Sanjana! I used to do that, but I'm not that organized ♥

      Delete
  8. I do the same thing. I like my clothes with a lot of spaces, but my closet has been growing and it's unnerving.

    xoxo,
    WWW.THEFRUGALBLOGGER.NET
    INSTAGRAM
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks very well organized, you wouldn't like to have a look at mine! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! Really inspired:)
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a tiny, icky apartment closet. I also line my shoes up against the wall. I have even worked pairs into bookshelves and such to act as decor, which I find to be both efficient and aesthetically pleasing. My hats hang on the wall with clothes pins that have Commando strips on the back of them. I do try to keep my actual closet somewhat organized though - dresses are together, sweaters are folded and on a shelf, pants and skirts are together etc... it makes it really easy to find what I'm looking for. I hope you get your dream closet one day!

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are such great ideas Elizabeth! Thank you so much ♥

      Delete
  12. Great post and tips, thx for sharing.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this post! I think every girl dreams of having a walk-in closet deep down :'D
    I really do need more help in organizing me wardrobe, I never thought about doing it by colors, I always simply organized it by the style of the clothes but actually I think color might be even better!
    Thank you for sharing this! <3

    Micky♡
    http://princessfromjupiter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Michelle! I'm happy I could help ♥

      Delete
  14. i love that little gray (?) dress hanging right there on the first picture. These are some really great hints as i'm working towards cleaning up my closest, today in fact!
    thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Abigail! It is grey, it's my go-to dress when the weather gets colder ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!