Friday, 2 October 2015

A Beginner's Guide To Tea



If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know I love tea. I'm still much of a beginner when it comes to teas, but I thought that I'd share what little knowledge I have. I wish that I'd had a list like this when I was staring at the shelves upon shelves of tea, wondering where to start. If I'm wrong about about anything, feel free to correct me!
Caffeinated Teas

White Tea
White tea is similar to green and black tea, but contains more antioxidants. I haven't tried many white teas, and they don't seem to be as popular as most of the other types I mention. When I have tried white tea, it seems to be with mango. I would suggest steeping white tea for around 5 minutes.

Green Tea
I'm sure we've all had green tea before! You can find many different variations of green tea and many different blends. It can be quite strong, and I would recommend only steeping it for 2-3 minutes.

Black Tea
Black tea is a very common type of tea. It comes in many different flavours and variates, can be served with cream and sugar, in a latte, or plain. Black tea can be very strong, so I try not to steep it too long. I would suggest steeping it for around 3 minutes.

Caffeine Free Teas 

Rooibos
I love rooibos! They some in endless flavours, and are caffeine free. I would recommend serving it without cream and sugar, as it doesn't get too strong. I would suggest steeping a rooibos tea for a minimum of 5 minutes.

Herbal Tea
There are endless variations to a herbal tea. In my opinion, I think that they're quite like rooibos teas, but with more natural flavours. Herbal teas can also be quite weak, so I would recommend steeping them for a minimum of 5 minutes.

What are your favourite types of tea?
-Amy

20 comments:

  1. I love this, thank you for it. I really love black tea and herbal teas :)

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a big tea lover! x I myself prefer the Celestial teas, though. I find they are so soothing to sip at night with a book you've been itching to start, or even on a chilly autumn morning like the ones we've been having over here. Thank you so much for sharing your tea knowledge!
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sanjana! I like them, too ♥

      Delete
  3. Oolong and Black teas are my favorite!! I've never thought of getting white teas before but if you say its similar to black and green, I should try it! Im so excited for the colder months cuz now I have an excuse to buy christmas-y teas. hahahah

    BCfactor Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bea! I love Christmas-y teas ♥

      Delete
  4. I love this!! so informative. Personally I like green tea because it's so healthy and has beauty benefits including used on your skin. I also try drinking detox tea ^__^

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linnie, me too ♥

      Delete
  5. This is great! I'm always trying to find different kinds of tea I might like, this has been kind of hard actually, apparently there's lots of teas out there I don't like :( although I've realized that I do like them so much better if they're iced tea!

    Thank you so much for sharing! ^-^

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla! It's too bad that you don't like many teas ♥

      Delete
  6. My favourite tea? It depends. I like white tea, it seems subtle. Green and black - I like them too. Least favourite are fruity and herbal ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! :D I love tea but I'm not as apt at understanding teas the way others do. This is perfect. Thank you. :)

    - Jen
    The Golden Days
    http://herestothegoldendays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer ♥

      Delete
  8. I always drink tea when I'm feeling down. I definitely had to acquire the taste though, but I've grown to love it. I drink Black Tea or Herbal Teas often, especially when I have a sore throat or after a long cry haha <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bash, those are some of the best times for tea ♥

      Delete
  9. I must drink so much Jasmine tea each day! Both at work and home!

    I do like Oolong and white tea as well :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Amy! I love my green tea, but also drink black and white. My trick with green and white tea is to let the water cool down a bit before adding the tea: this will make it far less bitter.
    xx Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! I'm going to have to try that ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!