Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Gingerbread Breakfast Quinoa

Around a week ago, I had already made this recipe a few times.I thought that it was a wonderful breakfast, and I had already decided that I was going to make it again. And in all honesty, I probably still will.
Then, that morning, my friend had told me that he had made gingerbread overnight oats. You see, it was early November, and both of us had decided to fully immerse ourselves in the Christmas spirit. Seeing his gingerbread overnight oats, I thought that that was something that I could do. But instead of oats, I'd make it quinoa. I'm celiac, and though I'm allowed to have gluten-free oats now, I haven't tried them. So, instead, I decided to put a holiday spin on one of my favourite recipes.
Makes 4 servings

You Will Need:
 - 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 2 cups coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract

Toppings (optional)
- Raisins
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds

1. In a saucepan on medium heat, mix together your quinoa and your milk. Bring to a boil, then let sit at a simmer for around 20 minutes, stirring occasionally

2. When you feel that your quinoa is cooked, add in your molasses, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla extract.

3. I usually leave my quinoa in the fridge overnight and warm it up in the morning. I usually add more milk and sugar, and whatever toppings I feel like. Have fun with it!

If you try this, I would love for you to let me know. What are your favourite winter breakfasts?

-Amy ♥

14 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing and looks great :-D

    You know the funny thing, since I've been off gluten (1.5 years) - I did try gluten-free oats and they really didn't agree with me. I guess I'm not great with the protein in them either :-|

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've still not tried quinoa, though I feel as though I'd like it! Plus, gingerbread anything is just great in my books. This looks like a really nice recipe :)

    bigfluffycats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hali, I love anything that has to do with gingerbread ♥

      Delete
  3. It looks delicious and I'm hungry now :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum yum! Looks absolutely delicious, I'll definitely have to try this recipe out!
    indulgentrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this looks and sounds absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't think i've ever tried anything like this before. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!