Wednesday, 18 November 2015

How I Decorate With Flowers

I'm not sure if I'm really qualified to write this post. Yes, I do dearly love flowers and love the way they look in my room. But do I really decorate with them? No.
When I heard of BloomNation, a flower delivery service that promotes local florists, I thought that I'd share my opinion on decorating with flowers. I love the idea of having beautiful blooms delivered straight to my door, as I'm often very busy and don't have time to go out and buy them.

 In the summer, the flowers I had mainly consisted of the wildflowers in my backyard. I'd simply trim them and put them in a jar with a little bit of ribbon on it, which I think is really cute. Sometimes I'd colour coordinate the flowers that I picked, but there really was no rhyme or reason to them.

And maybe that's because of who I am. Maybe that's because I see flowers as something wild and free. Do I think that carefully arranged and handpicked bouquets are bad? I most certainly do not. I think that they can be beautiful and creative. But for me, they simply aren't a necessity. I think that flowers in any form are beautiful, and they all have a place in my house. I'm I getting to deep with this? Probably. But is that going to stop me? No.
Unfortunately, I simply cannot let flowers have free reign over my house for one simple reason: I have a cat. And more than anything, I want to make sure my cat stays healthy. How I fix this, though, is by keeping flowers out of his reach (and let me tell you, there aren't very many places that are out of his reach), or by putting them in cute little cages like the one pictured above.
If you'd like to find out how to make your flowers last longer, this post is really helpful!

-Amy

12 comments:

  1. Those look gorgeous! I have the same problem. I'd love to have flowers all over my apartment but there are two cats here, and both of them just LOVE eating plants. And I definitely don't want them to get sick, so...I mostly do without. ): Great post!

    bigfluffycats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hali! I totally agree, my cat's health is my top priority ♥

      Delete
  2. I love the first photo and the flowers there. The trick with the cage is well thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a cat but I've heard so many cat-flower stories! I want to use more flowers around the house now that my dogs are grown and have less curiosity though.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth ♥

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos and lovely ideas :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand, Amy! I own a cat myself and having flowers around would just make me nervous so I decorate with fake flowers instead :)
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love having flowers around my house too! But they always seem to die, no matter how much I take care of them haha :'( oh and I've always wanted to have a cat!! They're adorable :3

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you so much Carla ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
Please no spam or follow for follows!