Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Glowing Makeup

Lately I've been loving glowing makeup looks. I know that mattes are more appropriate for the winter season, but I love the fresh-faced look that dewy makeup provides. So, I thought that I'd share a little makeup routine for a glowing look. This sort of thing is new on my blog, so let me know what you think of it!
I don't like using a heavy foundation, because I feel it makes my skin look cakey. This is one of the first bases I've tried that doesn't cling to my dry skin and make my face look like a patchwork quilt.
Since I still have lots of acne scars, I like to use a concealer. I've been liking this one a lot lately, but I think that it's important to find the right one for your skin.
Nothing wakes you up like a little swirl of blush! Just make sure that it's not to heavy.
I like to use this in my T-zone, but not to heavily. A translucent powder would probably be ideal for this look, but I don't have one at the moment.
Highlighter
As weird as it may sound, I typically use eyeshadows as highlighters. I tend to use one every day now because it makes my skin seem more full of life.
Eyeshadow Primer
If you aren't using a cream shadow, I think that this is a crucial step. It makes your eyeshadow last longer, and helps with the pigmentation.
Light Coloured Eyeshadows
I'm not sure why, but I haven't been doing any thing dramatic with my eye makeup lately. Right now, I prefer the look of lots of creams and pinks.
Mascara
For me, this is a crucial step, It instantly opens my eyes and makes me look more awake.
Lip Gloss
For a look like this, I like to reach for a light gloss instead of a lipstick. I feel like it completes the dewy look.

What kind of makeup have you been loving lately?
-Amy

16 comments:

  1. Sound like a good selection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving the korean beauty look lately; dewy glowing skin, natural makeup and bright lips. Hehe. I find that Nivea After Shave Balm (the one nikkietutorial has been raving over) as a primer really helps me in archiving the glowing look. :D
    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ieyra, I have too! I may have to try that ♥

      Delete
  3. I haven't been wearing make up lately, because of lack of time. Nails took most of my free time :D But I like glowing looks on young women :)Not too much glow is OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I agree with you, I don't think too much glow looks that good ♥

      Delete
  4. This looks like such a fresh and beautiful look. I had the Lash Sensational, but my friend took it home by accident, and my nan then treated me to the Benefit: They're Real mascara which I LOVEEEEEEEEE!

    Lexie | www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lexie! I've been wanting to try that, it's nice to know it's good ♥

      Delete
  5. Some eyeshadows make great highlighters and it's a great way to get double duty out a product. Likewise, the Becca highlighters make beautiful eyeshadows! Like you, I personally prefer a dewy look as well - mattes just aren't my thing unless it's lipstick.

    aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth! I've been wanting to try some of the Becca Highlighters, it's good to know that they work for both ♥

      Delete
  6. That palette of Sephora is super beautiful *w*
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sakuranko ♥

      Delete
  7. Lovely favorites, I've been loving matte nails and dewy skin :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mish, me too ♥

      Delete
  8. I love the glowy makeup look too! Winged eyeliner and blush are my absolute must haves before leaving the house!

    Jennifer Ashley
    www.prettylittledetails.ca  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer, I'm happy you like it too ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!