Saturday, 27 February 2016

Homemade Strawberry Milk

When I heard that today was strawberry day, I knew that I had to make something for it. I've  always thought that strawberry milk sounded magical, so I thought that I'd make some of the pink drink for myself.
Makes: Around one cup

Ingredients:
2 cups roughly chopped strawberries (I used frozen)
1 cup milk of your choice (I used almond)
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
1. Put your strawberries in a saucepan on low heat. Let simmer until a sauce forms.
2. Strain your strawberry mixture, leaving just the liquid.
3. Mix your strawberry syrup in with your milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Chill and enjoy!
Don't just throw out the strawberries that are left. You can eat them on pancakes or toast, along with many other uses. Plus, it tastes amazing!

If you try this please let me know, you can leave a comment below of tag me on Instagram @littlemoondragon.
Happy Strawberry Day!

-Amy

20 comments:

  1. Ahhh this sounds so good! I just love strawberry syrup :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I may well give it a go (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kind of milk is much better than strawberry milk bought in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good! I'll definitely try it out.
    Bridgette | A Bit of This and That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bridgette ♥

      Delete
  5. Strawberries are one of my favourite foods and I love how sweet this milkshake looks! x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Angel, and no problem ♥

      Delete
  7. Omg dude this looks so good. And aw, I didn't realise it was strawberry day yesterday, I would have done something for it >_< Oh well, I guess I don't need an excuse to make this c:

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! Just so you know, I discovered it tastes a lot better if you leave it in the fridge for a day after you make it ♥

      Delete
  8. Great post! xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post dear! I like this a lot.


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    NEW POST: Ever Bilena Advance Matic Lipstick in High Heels Review and Swatch
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!