Monday, 21 March 2016

2 Spring Sock Upgrades

It may be officially spring now, but as I type this, snow falls softly outside of my window. No matter though, for my room is filled with brightly coloured flowers. No matter what the weather in your part of the world is like, hopefully these DIYs will be able to bring some spring cheer to your life.
Spring Sock DIYs
Version 1: Lace Trim

You Will Need:
A pair of socks
Somewhat matching lace (I got mine in a bag full at a thrift store)
Matching thread
DIY Lace Socks
Step 1:
In order to sew on your lace and have it slightly ruffled, you will need to stretch your fabric as you sew. I attatched the photo above to demonstrate how I did it with a sewing machine, but I'm sure that you could hand sew it as long as the sock is stretched. And that's it!
DIY Lace Socks
Version 2: Bunny Ears

You Will Need:
A pair of socks
Matching fabric
Pink fabric (I used felt)
Matching thread
DIY Bunny Ear Socks
Step 1
Cut eight ear shapes out of your matching fabric and four slightly smaller ones out of your pink fabric.
Step 2
Sew the small pink pieces into four of the matching larger ones.
DIY Bunny Ear Socks
Step 3
Sew a back onto each to make a total of four pieces.
DIY Bunny Ear Socks
Step 4
Sew the ears onto the front of your socks.

I hope you try these out, and that they get you in the mood for spring! If you do try them, you can tag me on Instagram @littlemoondragon or leave a comment below.

Happy spring ♥

Amy xx

28 comments:

  1. I find that the bunny ones is cute! I'm a crafter myself and this would make such a fun project. Can't wait to try it! ^_^

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, both of these sock upgrades are adorable! ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Morning ♥

      Delete
  3. Cutesies, both of them. And the first ones are romantic :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some leftover lace and I will try this as soon as I get home, because it looks adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm happy you think so ♥

      Delete
  5. Cute! That's a creative diy on socks! I love bunnies so the second is def my fave! ♡

    Evelyn | BeautyCloud9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Evelyn, I love bunnies too ♥

      Delete
  6. really adorable, loving the laced ones! x

    darcia.pl

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lace trim socks are just so cute and adorable!

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carolyn, I'm happy you think so ♥

      Delete
  8. it was snowing here this morning as well, haha! these are so cute! i don't know why i never thought of sewing my own lace trim socks, it'd make boring regular socks so much better and must be such an easy sew! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura! It really is, especially if you use a sewing machine ♥

      Delete
  9. These DIYs are so easy! I really love the lace ones :)

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    sarahinks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god so cute, I love the lace ones! I think your blog is lovely, let me know if you would like to follow each other! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. the bunny ears are sooo cute!!
    ♡ chantelle | chanbelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cantelle ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!