Thursday, 31 March 2016

March Favourites

I usually say how fast the month went for me, but March went very slowly. This month was that month that the show I'd been working on since November showed, and it was so much fun! Very tiring, but totally worth it.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent, Ardell Natural Multipack in 110, Hard Candy Shimmer Eyeshadow Primer, Burt's Bees Refreshing Lip Balm, Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm
Beauty Favourites:
These were the lashes that I used during my time in Grease, and I reused them quite a lot. Out of all the lashes that I've tried before, these have been my favourites. They're big enough to be worth wearing, but also very natural.
I was looking for a good transparent powder, and this one works well. It's not amazing, but it does the job.
When I'm faced with a choice between shimmer and matte, I'm almost always going to choose the shimmer. This primer does a great job of adding shimmer to my eyes, creases only slightly, and overall works a lot better than my previous one.
I got these two lip balms for Easter, and I'm very happy with them. Not only do they moisturize my lips, they both have lovely scents.

Rishi Sweet Matcha, All The Bright Places, Lonesome 1928
Other Favourites:
1. Rishi Sweet Matcha Tea
I've been meaning to try matcha for a while, and I'm so happy I did! It may be my new favourite drink, and It's a perfect way to start your morning. Not to mention it's also very quick and easy to make.
2. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
While I did like this book, I didn't find it amazing. I did almost cry while reading it, though, so that has to count for something. Or it could just be the fact that I didn't get enough sleep that week and I was overworking myself.
3. Lonesome (1928)
I've been looking for a really magical old movie lately, and I think that this is the one of my dreams. While it has it's flaws, mostly those common to the era,  I love the way that it's shot and the few colour-tinted scenes look like something from a fairytale.

And, before I forget, yesterday was my third blog birthday! I can't believe that I've had this blog for three years, but I don't know what I'd do without it.

Have you tried any of these before? What were your March favourites?

-Amy

24 comments:

  1. My guest post was one of your favorite!? Thank you!
    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your third year bloggiversary! That's a really long time!
    -Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you so much Bridgette ♥

      Delete
  3. I'd like to try something from Burt's Bees, I don't have the brand here. And read your book :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's too bad ♥

      Delete
  4. YAYY I have the same Burt's Bees lip balms as you, but I haven't gotten around to try them, hehe. Love your favs, Amy! I decided to reread 'Allegiant' book last month before watching the movie, and that was my fav! :D

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ieyra! I haven't watched the movie yet, but I've heard good things about it ♥

      Delete
  5. lovely favourites:-) i love burt's bees! i haven't tried these flavours, just the original one, but i might go for one of these next! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura! I love everything I've tried from them ♥

      Delete
  6. oh, and also, happy blogiversary! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. BURT'S BEES MY HEART. Their lip balms are amazing. Both those scents sound awesome, especially Pink Grapefruit!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ellie, I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  8. Oh gosh, did you know I didn't finish All The Bright Places? I got bored halfway and just stopped because I was disappointed with the writing. But I'm happy to know, you enjoyed it! And HAPPY BLOG BIRTHDAY! Woot Woot!

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bash, I almost did too! And thank you again ♥

      Delete
  9. Never tried any of them before except for the Burt's Bee lip balm! Never ever go without them!

    xx,
    Abby
    www.houseofakih.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby, I like them too ♥

      Delete
  10. The mango Burt's Bees is AMAZING!
    If you're not happy with the Rimmel powder, definitely try the Covergirl Clean collection. It's what I use and they have formulas for normal, dry, and oily skin, so hopefully you find something that works for you!
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sanjana! It's working pretty well for now, but I really appreciate the recommendation ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!