Thursday, 3 March 2016

Woodland Inspired Makeup

I know that spring makeup usually consists of either bright colours or pastels, but I thought that I'd take a different route today. I've always loved nature and been inspired by it, so I thought I'd tie it into my makeup. My take on this was drawing in more earthy shades and nothing unnaturally bright.
Nails and Lips
I love this shade, it seems like a bit of an updated nude. It's no too bright, just right.
This one is a lot darker than it appears at first glance, but I love it. It seems like a perfect rose colour, and on my very pale skin, I think it looks a bit like something Snow White would wear.
I love a good nude lip. This one is a perfect matte shade, and it lasts fairly long. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but it smells amazing!
Eyes
I know, you're probably thinking that I'm crazy for suggesting that you wear green eyeshadow, but hear me out. These greens are so subtle that they can be used to create more of a neutral eye look, and what's more forest-like than a mossy green?  
I do love a good nude eye. This one of my favourite kits, because of the subtle shimmer it gives. 
Okay, so gold isn't very woodland-like, but I think that it goes nicely with the rest of these colours. You can also wear it more subtly, if you choose.

What has inspired your makeup for spring?

-Amy

14 comments:

  1. I love green eyeshadows, lime is great too. You'd be surprised but I can wear even fuchsia :) I like these Revlon shades a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm usually too scared to wear bold colours, but I really like these ♥

      Delete
  2. I love the inspiration behind your makeup picks - it's very refreshing to see such a unique idea!

    Pop over to my blog :)

    Sarah
    sarahinks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Sarah! ♥

      Delete
  3. i don't like to wear makeup, but this is a lovely aesthetically pleasing set. <3

    ava, http://landofquiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ava, I'm happy you think so ♥

      Delete

  4. I like your blog so much :) Happy Weekend!

    Can you follow me? I follow you :)
    If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts! :)

    http://www.sandrakopko.com/2016/01/fur-vest.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. these all seem like nice products, and that's a lovely idea for a spring make-up! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty! And you used many makeup brands I adore :)
    The lip and cheek stick looks amazing <3

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carla, I think it is ♥

      Delete
  7. A good makeup idea for spring ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!