Sunday, 1 May 2016

April Favourites

In these posts I usually say how extremely fast the month went for me. However, April went by very slowly for me, which was good, because it gave me more time to enjoy it. I love seeing all the plants start growing again in the spring and seeing all of the animals come out of hiding.
Some of my favourite posts on this blog in April were a DIY Spring Flower CrownTickled PinkApril Ask The Blogger: Jemma from DorkfaceTotoro Coconut Cake, and Blue Days. What was your favourite?
April Beauty Favourites

Beauty Favourites:
I've been on the lookout for a good concealer lately, and I think that this is the best one that I've tried in a while. It has very good coverage and doesn't make my face look too cake-like.
A combination of this duo and lots of coconut oil has made my hair so soft. I'm not sure if it gives my hair that much more volume, but it definitely is a good shampoo and conditioner combo. it also smells amazing!
I got this as a free sample with an order I placed a little while ago, and it's a nice lighter moisturizer for spring.  It also has a really nice coconut scent. I may have to purchase a full-sized one when this is out.
The formula of this isn't great, but it's such a pretty shade for spring! I've been loving peach tones at the moment, and have been wearing this lip cream very often. It's rather sticky, but it doesn't dry my lips out.
NYX HD Concealer in Fair and NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Nude Peach Fuzz Swatches
{NYX HD Concealer in Fair and NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Nude Peach Fuzz}

Other Favourites:
Guys, this candle smells absolutely amazing. It smell like an actual dessert, not just a fake, sweet scent. It's been burning quite often in my room this month.
    ♥      Lights Midnight Machines
I think I'm obsessed with this album. It's really relaxing, and perfect for when you want to just chill. I love the mood it sets.
    ♥      Davids Tea Just Peachy
This is the perfect spring/summer tea. It tastes lovely both hot and cold, and is like a liquid form of Fuzzy Peaches candies.
April Book and App Favourites
Books & Apps
    ♥      Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
I loved this book. Not so much for the story, which was still quite good, but because I absolutely love the writing style. I also loved the twist on the classic tale of Beauty and the Beast.
This book seemed to be a mix of an old western and a Middle Eastern fairy tale. It may sound like a weird combination, but it totally works. I'm definitely looking forward to more books in this series!
    ♥      Plant Nanny
I've struggled with drinking enough water for the longest time. This app has really helped me, though! It forces you to drink enough water in a day, otherwise your cute little plant will die.

Have you tried any of these before? What have you been loving this month?

-Amy

**The Bunny = cruelty free beauty products**

44 comments:

  1. love this post!! super cute blog hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. The NYX Lip Cream colour looks gorgeous! My favourite post is probably the Totoro Coconut Cake tutorial! I love watching the movie and Studio Ghibli and I LOVE CAKE!!

    Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicole! I'm so happy that you like it ♥

      Delete
  3. I also just got that Nyx concealer! I really like it too, it's nice and thin enough to not emphasize my dry patches. Great post! :)

    hidethestarsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hali! I'm so happy that you like it, too ♥

      Delete
  4. Plant Nanny seems a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it is, too ♥

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love Bath and Body Works candles. I have bought so many but I can't bare to burn them! I really need to download Plant Nanny as I am struggling o drink enough water too x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise! I do the same thing ♥

      Delete
  6. I used to have Plant Nanny too! I had a little daisy named tofu haha.

    This such a cute blog! I just recently found you and i'm already enjoying it very much!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stella! I'm so happy that you like it ♥

      Delete
  7. AHHHH THAT CANDLE SMELLS DIVINE. I almost bought a Macintosh (a type of apple) candle at Yankee Candles the other day!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! I love apple scents ♥

      Delete
  8. on the contrary i've kinda fallen out of blogging in April. :( planning to pick up the blogging routing again now though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have times when we fall behind blogging Wynne! It's nice that you're picking it up, though ♥

      Delete
  9. NYX! Gosh, I can't wait to stock up on some of those goodies when I'm in Cali for the first two weeks on June.
    www.MARINAsays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love almost everything that I've tried from NYX before ♥

      Delete
  10. I love NYX brand but I haven't tried their concealer, I should probably do that now. It sounds very lovely! And that app with a plant is such a great idea :) I love the concept of it. I should probably download it too, haha. I sometimes forget to drink enough.

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you so much Leta! I do, too ♥

      Delete
  11. I've heard so many good things about NYX recently, I can't wait to try some of their products!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you like them if you do Eleanor ♥

      Delete
  12. Lovely favorites! Your book favorites seem really interesting, fantasy based books are always fun to read. >//v//<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mish! They are, aren't they? ♥

      Delete
  13. Great products! Love your favorites!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Trang ♥

      Delete
  14. That peach cobbler candle sounds like a DREAM. It's definitely something I'd buy :) xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Samantha ♥

      Delete
  15. such a cute blog :)

    I made some new headers for bloggers, They are all free
    Come check them out


    Facebook |Bloglovin |♥Instagram | Lookbook |Google✚

    check out my blog and maybe follow each other ?

    Stay Gold

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are some great favourites, thank you for sharing. I'd love to check out NYX Concealer the next time I'm in Sephora (...and I still don't quite get why is Sephora selling NYX here instead of any local drugstores, haha)

    ieyra | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ieyra! That's a funny place to sell them, haha ♥

      Delete
  17. I have OGX shampoo and conditioner, love them so much lol! Xx

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
  18. NYX products are always sooo good! Love them all and especially for the price.

    -Emily www.coatandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emily, I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  19. I love NYX so much! But I haven't tried that concealer yet, I'm currently searching for a good concealer and I think I'm going to try that NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand!

    vanillaberrys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Thank you so much! I hope that you like it if you do try it ♥

      Delete
  20. Nice post! Great!
    What you think about follow each other? If you want - follow me and let me know in the comments of my newest posts so I can follow you back!:)
    http://astbakay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I used NYX HD Concealer! It was absolutely wonderful but I found it was just slightly too pick for me. Rebels of The Sands like a great book, and I'm always in search of a new one to pick up <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bash! I hope that you like it if you end up reading it ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!