Thursday, 19 May 2016

Guest Post: A Beauty and Health Journey

Hello everyone! Today I have another guest post, this time by Eboni from A Beauty and Health Journey. I also made a guest post on her blog, so be sure to check it out!

~~~~~

Hola everyone my names eboni and I blog over at a beauty and health journey. I've never done a guest blog before so I’m very excited for this opportunity! 
So being from Florida summer has been here since about January. Actually it barely goes away. But for most other normal places summer is just arriving (lucky you). In order for me to survive this summer I have some essentials to help me get through it. When I say essentials I mean ESSENTIALS. Without these items summer is the equivalent to watching Skarknado, it doesn't make sense and you just want it to be over. So as Dora would say, com’on vaminos everybody let’s go…and look at my summer essentials!
So if you’re lazy, like me and don’t want to deal with the blistering heat than this candle is perfect for you! And yes, I understand it’s kinda weird to light a candle in the summer, but this honestly reminds me of being at the beach. I get the smell of summer without the sweat!

I’ve noticed that Nike hats are on trend lately. But no one seems to use them for their  actually purpose, blocking the sun from your face. With the sun blinding down on you everytime you go outside, a hat is a good way to protect your face. Also when you’re lazy and don’t feel like doing your hair you can just chuck a hat on and look like the trend queen (or king) that you are.
If you have a fear of getting older and wrinkly than sunglasses should be your go too! I mean hello, one, they’re so cute and two, if you wear make often and don’t feel like doing it one day, then a pair of sunnies is the way to go. They also prevent you from squinting, which is a good thing because squinting over a long period can cause crows feet(crow feet like wrinkles by your eyes).
So yes even though I happen to be Africa American sun screen is very essential to me. For one my feet do start to burn when I’m out in hotplates for a long time. And two it’s important for everyone to protect your skin against the harmful but beautiful sun. Not only does it protect uv rays, but it also helps prevent discoloration.
I got this cute little bottle from target for a dollar, and I’m so glad I did. This is an essential for me because I also accidentally throw my water away when I’m out and then regret it when I’m dying if thirst. With this water holder I of course never throw it out, and it’s really cute for pictures!
Now although the mascara in this picture isn’t waterproof there is a version of this mascara that’s the same but waterproof. Waterproof mascara is essential, especially for me because I sweat excessively(I mean it’s almost impossible not to in Florida). And sometimes me sweating can make my mascara run, which isn’t a good look for me. The only con to waterproof mascara is trying to get it off…#thestrggule
I’m gonna end this post off with something I really really love! This is such a perfect eyeshadow pallet for the summer. Ranging from light pinks to brown nudes it really gives you a light makeup look. I’ve actually done an in depth review on my blog page if you want to check it out its called(All about the nudes).
Thank you guys so much for reading my post, and I’m honestly so excited I was given this opportunity! Let me know what you guys think! And head over to my blog to check out Amy's guest post!
Xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Great thoughts and ideas indeed. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinks are very very important and the candle is a funny yet good idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips!
    Hope you have a nice weekend!
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely guest post! I want to try that palette by Maybeline. It looks gorgeous :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm so late to reply! But thank you...and yeah definitely try it out :)

      Xoxo

      Delete
  5. I like the candle idea! It might be summer, but you can't go wrong with a good scent floating about!!

    Xoxo
    Serein
    https://sereinwu.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah its especially good for avoiding heat :)

      Xoxo

      Delete
  6. Thank you again for sharing this wonderful post Eboni! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know right, the struggle 😓. Try using a cotton ball and coconut oil. Great post xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!