Monday, 30 May 2016

May Favourites

I remember saying in April's favourites post how long that month felt for me. May is quite the opposite however. I can't remember a thing I did this month, it was all a blur!


Some of my favourite posts from other blogs were Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp in Coconut MilkWhat to Eat for Better SkinFlower Moon Ritual: Meaning + My Experience9 Decadent Donut ToppingsThe Intimidating Task of Making Friends (Online), and Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Bars (GF).
Elf Smudge Pot in Ain't That Sweet, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Quench Lip Rescue in Nude, Marcelline Ultimate Volume Mascara, elf long-lasting lustrous eyeshadow in soiree

 Beauty Favourites
 elf Smudge Pot Cream Eyeshadow in Ain't That Sweet?
This is a gorgeous light, cream-toned pink. I use it to highlight my eyes, and it doubles as an eyeshadow primer.
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Quench Lip Rescue in Nude
I was worried that this wasn't going to be any good since I don't usually like tinted balms, but I absolutely love this! Not only is the packaging adorable, the formula is perfect.
Marcelle Ultimate Volume Mascara
I've been looking for a good cruelty-free mascara, and this one adds lots of length and volume to my lashes. The only complaint I have is the staying power!
elf Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Soriee
I've been trying out more cream shadows lately, and I absolutely love this one's shade! It has the most gorgeous shimmer.
For Tea's Sake Pretty in Pink Oolong and Green Tea, David's Tea Raspberry Jam
Other Favourites
This has been my go-to morning tea lately. It's bright, airy, and has a perfect taste for summer. I wish that you could smell it through your screen!
David's Tea Raspberry Jam
In contrast to the first tea, this has been the one I've been reaching for at night. It's a soothing chamomile, but with a fruity twist. Since this was limited edition, I picked up a huge tin full of it!
Casablanca 1942
Casablanca (1942)
I can't believe I haven't watched this before, it's such a classic! If you haven't seen the movie, I'll give a little synopsis. During WWII, Casablanca, Morocco, was full of refugees from all over Europe trying to get to away from the war. When, in Casablanca, an exiled American freedom-fighter runs into his former love who has been traveling with an underground leader, he is torn on what to do with two letters of transit that recently came into his possession.
Roman Holiday 1953
Roman Holiday (1953)
I absolutely love Audrey Hepburn, so I jumped at the chance to see it when it was shown at a local theater. When a newspaper man takes home what he thinks is a drunk girl instead of turning her into the police, he has no idea that it's the Princess Ann who has been drugged by her doctor. When he realized the scoop that he's landed, he follows her around on her adventure in Rome.

**The Bunny = cruelty free beauty products**

48 comments:

  1. Oh, that tea looks amazing! I actually never saw Casablanca but I'd love to do that when I will have more free time :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leta! I hope that you like it as much as I did ♥

      Delete
  2. wah that tarte packaging is so cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Indira, I think so too ♥

      Delete
  3. that lipstick packaging is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Amy! And that lipstick looks gorgeous. Looks like your use of animal cruelty free is doing well?!

    xx www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexie! It is going well so far, the only things that it's hard to find replacements for are nail polish and skincare ♥

      Delete
  5. How come I haven't seen Casablanca yet? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally watch it! ♥

      Delete
  6. wow these are so helpful!! & your photos are just taken so elegantly & cute-like!!! hehe I look forward to all your blog posts, amy!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much Ally! That means the world to me ♥

      Delete
  7. Lovely favourites. I especially like the tinted balm and the eye shadows.

    About your other favourites. Both Casablanca and Roman Holiday are two of my favourite films. I love them both so very much. When someone asks me which movie is the best one I've ever seen I usually say Casablanca. I just think it's got everything a film needs. It's so good. And don't even get me started on RH.

    Great post!
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mona! I totally agree, I think that they're some of my favourite films of all time ♥

      Delete
  8. That Tarte lip balm's packaging is so beautiful!! <3
    And Audrey Hepburn is great, I really enjoy classics, but I haven't seen that one yet! :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carla! I would definitely recommend Roman Holiday, I loved it ♥

      Delete
  9. I'm a huge fan of Audrey circa Breakfast at Tiffany's and My Fair Lady...
    -Hari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hari, I am too ♥

      Delete
  10. The lipstick looks great!

    Take care doll! Oh, I'm hosting a giveaway, I'd love if you entered!
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  11. the packaging of that lip thing is adorable, i'd probably buy it just for that, although it's good you liked the actual product too! and casablanca and the roman holiday are both such excellent films! i haven't seen either in ages and should perhaps rewatch:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I kind of did! I'm so happy that you like them too ♥

      Delete
  12. OH Mah GOOOOSH I LOVE Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday! And the Tarte tinted balm looks so cute and the colour looks gorgeous!!

    Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ | Florrall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicole, I do too. And I love the colour! ♥

      Delete
  13. That tea sounds so yummy, and perfect for summer! Thanks for sharing your favorites.

    Kathryn • The Fashionography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn, no problem ♥

      Delete
  14. What a lovely monthly roundup! It's crazy how some months just fly by and others go on more slowly. Have yet to see Roman Holiday, but I really need to watch it, as I absolutely adore Audrey. Charade is one of my all-time favorite films! Those teas also look amazing.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rae! I'm happy that you liked it ♥

      Delete
  15. Lovely post, I'm honored to be mentioned in it! I definitely got to try that tea haha
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eboni! I hope that you like it if you do ♥

      Delete
  16. By the way, just wanted to let you know I've done my May Favourites too, if you wanted to check it out ;)

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexie, I totally will ♥

      Delete
  17. roman holidays is one of my fav movies!! i love audrey, as in breakfast at tiffany's , i can watch any of her movies so many times and never getting tired of them!!

    xx from Brighton
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube | Enter my Charlotte Tilbury GIVEAWAY here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Caterina! I'm the same way ♥

      Delete
  18. Love that you included CF labels >w< I've been looking everywhere for e.l.f's smudge pots and I cant find them anywhere, the colors are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mish! That's a shame, they're in a lot of drug stores where I live ♥

      Delete
  19. Absolutely great post, truly worth to read it, I love it, thank you for sharing!!!

    XXX

    www.noragouma.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Roman Holiday is one of my favorite films =o) Sounds like a lovely may, wishing you the best in june!

    http://dreamofadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you too! ♥

      Delete
  21. I love the packaging for that nude lipstick!

    Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fahda, I do too ♥

      Delete
  22. I loved this post Amy! Classic films are LIFE <3
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cara, I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  23. Nice list of favorites

    -Sony
    https://nailscontext.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
Please no spam or follow for follows!