Sunday, 3 July 2016

6 Ways to Have a Relaxing Morning Off

You smell coffee being made in the next room, and freshly made pancakes sit in your belly. A soft breeze blows in on you from an open window, where you can hear birds chirping in the bushes outside. The whole world seems to be calm and at peace.
I've always loved to have a relaxing morning off, and I've been trying out ways to have the best morning possible. I'm on my way to finding the perfect formula for a peaceful morning, so I thought that I'd share with you my top six tips.


1. Make yourself a delicious breakfast
Really, there's nothing better than the smell of breakfast cooking. If it's something other than my usual cereal and toast, a good breakfast can motivate me and help to start the day right. Lately, I've been loving this scone recipe.

2. Read a book
I find that it's best if I don't spend a lot of time in front of a screen in the morning, and reading a book usually puts me in a good mood to start the day. For me, something about actually holding a book in my hands helps me to slow down.

3. Get some fresh air
Even opening a window can make a huge difference. I love to hear the birds chirping and hear the sounds of the city, and the refreshing feeling of a cool breeze on my face.

4. Meditate
Meditating always puts me in a relaxed and balanced mood, and helps me be ready to take on the day. I've started using this app lately and I can honestly say that it has made such a huge positive difference in my mood!

5. Do something that you love
Doing something that you love helps you be in a good mood for the oncoming day. For me, this is usually dancing. Doing something that I love helps me to carry positive energy on throughout the day.

6. Do something creative
This also helps me to be relaxed and have a positive attitude for the rest of the day. The morning is a perfect time to be creative, and all of the ideas that you may have thought of while laying in bed the night before will be more fresh in your mind.

What are your favourite ways to have a relaxing morning?

-Amy

34 comments:

  1. Point 3 and 5 - agreed. But my mornings usually start too fast to find the way to relax. I can relax, but afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually have really busy mornings as well, but luckily I'm on holiday now ♥

      Delete
  2. Love these tips! I'm an advocate for a good morning shower too to start the day off well. Also, if I plan on going into the city, I find it far more enjoyable to do so in the morning! The mornings can easily be pretty productive, filled with fun things. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna, I'm so happy that you like them! I love productive mornings ♥

      Delete
  3. Great tips! They all make so much sense! They're just lovely.
    I'm going to implement them during my summer holiday.
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mona, I'm so happy you like them ♥

      Delete
  4. Ahh this is so cute, 1 and 2 are two things that definitely make my morning <3

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Noor, they make mine too ♥

      Delete
  5. Ahhh these are all excellent tips! I've really been trying to have more of this type of morning lately. My favorites ones are 1 and 3 :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ellie! I'm so happy that you like them ♥

      Delete
  6. Nice! I usually start my morning with a cycle then shower then work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ananka! I've been trying to be more active in the morning ♥

      Delete
  7. Awesome tips! I really need to work on this. Very helpful. :)

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nabila, I'm so happy that they help ♥

      Delete
  8. I love your suggestions! I personally like to make big and delicious breakfast and do something fun while eating like watching my favorite vlogs or reading a book :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leta, I do too ♥

      Delete
  9. Coffee, fresh fruit, and a book. Always. Fresh air is definitely a bonus too!

    aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, those are the best ♥

      Delete
  10. Just had a massive catch up with your blog! LOVE IT!!

    http://alicefashionwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much Alice ♥

      Delete
  11. Really great ideas for a relaxing morning off!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. On my free days I always read a chapter of my book with my breakfast in the morning! It's so relaxing and I feel like I've been slightly productive as well ahah xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too! I totally feel the same way, haha ♥

      Delete
  13. Such a cute post. Mornings are the most important part of the day and I genuinely think if you start your day off right...everything feels better! I did find that meditating helped me do that for a while...then I got too busy and haven't done it for a few months. Thanks for the reminder to whip my ass back into gear! My mornings are about to get super relaxed again! ♥

    Katie xx ♥ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie, I totally agree! I hope that this helped to remind you ♥

      Delete
  14. uuuh, that's exactly what I need! Everything has been so stressful lately!

    xx, rebecca
    awayinparadise.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that this could help Rebecca ♥

      Delete
  15. Loved this post! I like to start my mornings with a book and I would love to try meditation :) xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marina! You should totally try it ♥

      Delete
  16. I love reading! It's definitely one of my top ways to relax too! Thanks for sharing this beautiful, will definitely try meditating this summer! I just followed you by the way :D

    Lots of love from Mollie xxx - www.theperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mollie! I hope that meditating helps you, it really helps me ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!