Sunday, 31 July 2016

July Favourites

July was a weird month for me. In these posts, I usually say either that the month went very quickly or very slowly for me. However, July was a mix of both. It was the start of my summer holidays, and on one hand, I can't believe it's already over. But on the other hand, I'm still wondering what took it so long.


July 2016 Beauty Favourites
July Beauty Favourites
The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Lotion
I already obsessed over this in my last post, but I just had to mention it again.
This scent guys. This scent.
I'm in love with the scent. Enough said.
Also, though it isn't as moisturizing as a body butter or something along those lines, it does quite a good job of moisturizing and is one of the best regular body lotions that I've ever tried.
This stuff makes my lashes look HUGE. It gives more length than volume, but it makes my lashes look darker than some volume-based mascaras, so it balances out. It does leave a slight bit of residue under my eyes, but I really don't mind because of how cheap this mascara is.

I've been using the same cleanser for ages and it wasn't very good, so I thought that it would be a good time to try a cleansing balm. This is wonderful for my sensitive skin, I don't think that it made me break out (I think that recent breakouts have been caused by a mixture of what I'm eating and stress), and is so much easier to use than a foaming cleanser when you're lazy like me.
Lush Trichomania Solid Shampoo
I've been looking for a new shampoo, and I'm in love with this this one! It's the first solid shampoo that I've tried, and I was worried that it wouldn't lather enough, but it actually lathered more than the regular shampoo I was using before! It also smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling soft.
July 2016 Book Favourites
July Book Favourites
Some Kind of Happiness by Claire Legrand
This is a kids book, but sometimes children's books are better than YA books.
Finley Hart's parents needed some time alone to talk, so they shipped her off to her father's parents who she has never met. When Finley has has one of her "blue days", which happens quite a lot, she writes about the Everwood, a forest of her invention in her notebook. But when she arrives at her Grandparent's house, she finds the Everwood right behind it.

Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury
This book was a great "light" read for summer. I put "light" in quotation marks, because it's not necessarily light, but it is compared to other books that I've been reading lately.
This book takes place in regency England, and centers around Agnes Wilkins, who is to soon make her debut. But her debut is pushed to the back of her mind after she finds a mysterious message in a mummy's at an unwrapping party. Soon, she finds herself mixed up in something far bigger than she could have ever expected.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I've been wanting to read some more classics lately, and this is the one I decided to start with. This book gave me more insight into what the American South was like in the 1930s, something that I've never really had any reason to learn about before, being Canadian and all. What I did not expect was for this book to be written in the point of view of a child. As smart as children can be, the world is still seen differently from their eyes. To see the world from the eyes of a child who doesn't quite understand the complication, hatred, and bias of the world they live in gives this book a unique feel.

Have you tried any of these? What have you been loving lately?

-Amy

**The Bunny = cruelty free beauty products**

30 comments:

  1. Adore this post! Lovely product descriptions as well as amazing reads! I've been indulging in classics as well!

    Much love,
    Priscilla Ivette @ http://www.thepollenblog.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Priscilla, I'm so happy you liked it ♥

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I might have to try the shampoo and the balm! Thanks for the recommendations :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Ellie, I hope that you like them if you try them! ♥

      Delete
  3. Can you believe I have never read To Kill a Mockingbird? It's embarrassing to be my age and have never read it, but I just got it from the library so August is the month I finally dig in. I am excited.

    Also, trichomania is the bomb. I love that shampoo for my thick hair.

    aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you like it as much as I did Elizabeth!
      I'm so happy that you like it as well ♥

      Delete
  4. Books for children can be really great! I know this as I'm rereading some of them with my son :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I totally agree! ♥

      Delete
  5. Thank you for including my post, Amy! That's so kind of you, I do really appreciate it. Also, been wanting to try that TBS cleaner for a while now. I just always forget to buy it, haha :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Leta, I really liked it and wanted to share!
      I'd totally recommend it, I did the same thing ♥

      Delete
  6. Omg I need to smell that Body Shop Peach body lotion!! X

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Kill A Mockingbird is such an amazing book, and I would definitely give the others a try as well! Love these July favourites you've picked out!

    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you agree Diana! I hope that you like them if you do try them ♥

      Delete
  8. I love The Body Shop! One of my fave brands :)

    The Daily Delicacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah, same here ♥

      Delete
  9. I love Lush products ^^ And great choices xx :)

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw the film of To Kill A Mockingbird the other day for the second time, and it's so so so good! Haven't read the book, but probably best to not compare as they are seperate works. But love Gregory Peck, his portrayal of Atticus is magical! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie as I thought I'd read the book first, but now I really want to! ♥

      Delete
  11. Yay for Monthly Favourites! You know, I don't really like Essence Mascara even though their foundations are alright. Happy to hear you like it though! I read To Kill A Mockingbird, which I thought was a fine book. I would love to read the sequel!

    xx   B A S H   |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bash! I haven't tried their foundations, but now I may have to! I'm a little scared to read the sequel, I've read lots of negative reviews on it ♥

      Delete
  12. Great post! I recently read TKAMB too, for the first time, and loved it! It's very strong!
    Hope you're having a great week!
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mona, I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  13. I love the Body Shop's lotions and body butters. Their peach and mango scents are my favorites!

    www.youarebeaut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby, I like them too ♥

      Delete
  14. I've never tried shampoo bar before ;O How do you use it? like rubbing it against your palms or straight against the hair? does it crumble easily?

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how you're supposed to use it, but I rub it against my palms like soap until it lathers quite a bit and then wash my hair with it. It doesn't crumble easily unless it's a very thin piece ♥

      Delete
  15. To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favourites of all the time! Also gotta love me some Body Shop products! Great picks here :)

    Hugs, Hannie from Missing Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both! Thank you so much Hannie ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!