Thursday, 25 August 2016

Early Autumn Makeup

I love almost everything about autumn. I love the weather, I love the clothing. And, most importantly to this post, I love the makeup shades. I know that most people think of dark, berry-toned lips, but I love gilded and bronzed eyes, and natural nude lips. Ideally, I think that my goal for autumnal makeup is to look like a forest fairy. To be honest, that's my makeup goal for most of the year.
As I'm sure you all know by now, I love a good seasonal post, so I thought that I'd share a little round up of some of my favourite makeup to wear in early autumn. As I said before, I think that the season calls for golds, bronzes, and browns.


elf Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Soiree
Purple makes my green eyes look more green, so this is one of the eyeshadows I've been reaching for lately. I like how this isn't too overpowering and bright of a purple, and how buildable it it.
elf Smudge Pot in Brownie Points
This is a beautiful mix of a dark brown and a bronze. I generally don't wear dark eyeshadow, but as autumn is coming and because this may be one of my favourite shades I own, I'll make an exception. (It's also worth noting that this isn't an extremely dark shade, it's just darker than most eyeshadows I own)
♥      Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in Breaking Bronze
I love a good gold/bronze eye. This shadow looks different in different lights, sometimes gold, sometimes bronze, sometimes a sort of burnt orange. It also has really nice pigmentation, being a loose pigment and all, and I love anything that makes my eyes sparkle.
NYX Collection Chocolate Glossy Brown Liner
(I forgot to put this in this photo lol)
It may just be me, but I don't wear a lot of eyeliner in summer. For the sake of making my routine quicker and lighter, it's one of the steps I sacrifice. I like wearing eyeliner in autumn and winter, however, so I like to ease myself back into it using a brown eyeliner.
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Quench Lip Rescue in Nude
This is more pricey than the makeup that I usually buy, but I absolutely love it. It looks almost like a lip gloss when it's on my lips, but it's much easier to use and not as sticky. It leaves my lips soft and moisturized, and the packaging is some of that cutest I've ever seen.
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm
I've finally tried one of these. I wasn't sure if they would be as good as everyone says they are, but I really like this one! First off, something that I hadn't read in reviews (probably because it's not important) is how wonderful it smells. I love how soft it feels on my lips, and we all know how much I love a good nude lip.

What is your favourite makeup for autumn? I would love to know!
**The Bunny = cruelty free beauty products**

22 comments:

  1. I don't have much autumnal make-up, more summer products! I've never tried NYX make-up (mainly because they don't stock it in the UK) but of all their products, I would love to try the matte lip cream, as I love that matte liquid feel on your lips!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexie! I thought I read that NYX recently opened a few stores in the UK, but I guess I was wrong. There's lots of UK makeup that I'd like to try that isn't available in Canada, so I totally understand ♥

      Delete
  2. Uhm... I don't like autumn, it's kind of sad... My favourite season are summer and spring :) I had a nail polish by NYX once, NYX is sold in one of drugstores here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried one of their nail polishes, but I would like to! I've always liked autumn and I'm not sure why; I guess it's different for everyone ♥

      Delete
  3. Okay, autumn is by FAR my favorite season for makeup. I think berry and gold look just divine together <3

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie! I'm happy that you like it as well ♥

      Delete
  4. Love the berry tones for fall! These picks are perfect and making me excited for the new season!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelsea! I love berry tones as well ♥

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tiffany, I'm happy you liked it ♥

      Delete
  6. Autumn is definitely my favourite season! Loved this post X

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth, I'm happy that you like it ♥

      Delete
  7. Autumn is my favourite season too. And I agree with you bronzey brown colours and berry tones are perfect for the season.
    Great post!
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mona! I'm so happy that you agree ♥

      Delete
  8. I ADORE Autumn!!! It's definitely my MOST favourite season. This blog pot was so gorgeous!!
    Lots of love from Mollie xxx | http://wwwtheperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mollie! It's my favourite as well ♥

      Delete
  9. I go for looks like this, too, I love bronze and copper shades for autumn! The packaging of that Tarte lip balm/lipstick is incredible x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie! I love the packaging so much ♥

      Delete
  10. I'm so excited for Autumn and especially for burgundy darker makeup! Loved these products and it made me even more excited ^^ <3

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you liked it, I'm so excited for autumn ♥

      Delete
  11. If Autumnal makeup means very dark shades, then I am all for it! I've been ready for Autumn since I started wearing makeup! Hahaha! The Elf pots are great when you want to look nice but you're on the run hahaha <3

    xx BASH |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you so much Bash! I totally agree ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
Please no spam or follow for follows!