Thursday, 1 September 2016

August Favourites

August flew by for me this year. As much as I dislike going back to school and work as everybody else, I do love autumn. I love the weather, the styles, and the food. So even though I'll be mourning the loss of my free time, I'm glad that autumn has come!


Beauty Favourites
Baths are one of my favourite ways to de-stress, so I'm constantly trying out new bath products. Recently, this has been my go-to when I don't want anything too overpowering or intense. It has a nice, light fragrance and makes tons and tons of bubbles. I also think that this is great value for it's money, you can get a lot more uses out of it than you can with other bath products of the same price.

I love a good sparkling white/cream eyeshadow to brighten up my eyes, so I thought that I'd give this one a go. The packaging seems quite cheap and fell apart quickly, but the actual eyeshadow is of much better quality. Though not incredibly pigmented, it still leaves a fair amount of colour and shimmer, and is more blend-able than other eyeshadows in it's price range.

Real Techniques Powder Brush
The powder brush that I had been using prior to this one was quite dense and made my face look rather cakey, so I thought that it was time for a new one. I love how fluffy this one is, and how it gives my face only a light dusting of powder.

I've mentioned it on this blog before, but I love the scent of this lip balm. It's a good, standard lip balm, and though I don't particularly like ones in a pot and wouldn't use them on the go, I quite like it for when I'm at home. It also gives my lips a subtle wash of colour.

I wore this almost the whole time I was on vacation this month. It's a perfect, very light tinted moisturizer, and I love its texture. I also like that it has spf in it, because I've stopped using my moisturizer that does.

Favourites- To Watch
Dial M For Murder (1954)
After discovering that his wife, Margot, had had an affair with the mystery writer Mark Halliday, Tony Wendice secretly plans to kill her. However, in need of the perfect alibi, he blackmails a man that he went to school with to do the killing for him. The plan is perfect, but when the time comes to kill her, Margot fights back and kills the man instead. Unlike her husband, however, she has no alibi, so Mark and a sympathetic policeman must struggle to save her from a death sentence.
I Married A Witch (1942)
Unlike Dial M For Murder, this is a movie not to be taken to seriously. It is a fun watch, though, and great for when you don't want a movie that is too heavy.
In 1672, Jennifer and her father Daniel, two witches, were burnt at the stake. In revenge, Jennifer cursed Jonathan Wooley, the man who burned them, and his family for the rest of time to marry the wrong woman and be unhappy. Back in 1942, the tree that Jennifer and her father were imprisoned in gets struck by lightning, setting them free. Jennifer then decides to make Wallace Wooley, who is unhappily engaged, fall in love with her. To do this, she uses a love potion, which then backfires ironically.
Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)
This is such a cute movie and it leaves me feeling happy. Kiki, a young witch, has left her home in order to train for a year. Her and her black cat Jiji end up staying in a bakery in a beautiful oceanside town. In order to earn money, Kiki starts a delivery service, and on the way, meets many of the town's interesting residents and begins to find her way in the world.

What have you been loving in August?
**The Bunny = cruelty free beauty products**

26 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful post! Have a nice day:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Body Shop Bubble Bath Melt! Awesome favorites! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cielo, I'm happy that you like it too ♥

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, that lip balm sounds lovely!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd like the Essence eyeshadow because it looks so natural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite natural, it really helps to light up my eyes ♥

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen Dial M for Murder in ages but it's such a great film!

    waltzandwillow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The essence eyeshadow is gorgeous! Before this post I hadn't heard of any of these, so I'll definitely be checking some of the things you mentioned out!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Lexie! I hope that you like them if you try them ♥

      Delete
  7. Such lovely choices Amy! Real Techniques make some of my favorite brushes, but I haven't tried the powder brush yet! I'm currently in denial it's September - August went way way too fast for my liking! :'( Love your film choices as well! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kailey! The powder brush was the first one that I've tried, and I've heard so many good things about Real Techniques in general that I'm definitely going to try some more ♥

      Delete
  8. Oooh the body shop bubble bath melt sounds amazing! Such a great way to relax! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your August favorites! Amazing post Amy <3


    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so happy you liked it ♥

      Delete
  10. That Body Shop Bubble Bath Melt looks amazing! I didn't know they did them! I need to go to The Body Shop more lol x

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Body Shop is one of my favourite brands! I'm a little too obsessed with it, haha ♥

      Delete
  11. OMG!! I love Kiki's Delivery Service - I definitely want to watch that again now haha! I didn't know The Body Shop did a bath melt, it sounds amazing though. I totally agree bath's are the best way to de-stress :) Also been itching to get my hands on that RT brush, not sure why I still haven't as the brushes are so afforable!

    Great post :)

    Tania | teabee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you do much Tania! I really love the bath melt, I would totally recommended it. I also loved the brush, it was the first RT on that I tried! ♥

      Delete
  12. I've never tried the Bath Melts, but they sound amazing!

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally recommend them Sandra ♥

      Delete
  13. Kiki is on my list of movies to watch. I'm glad you liked it, I think it looks fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally watch it! I thought it was amazing ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!