Tuesday, 13 September 2016

My Everyday Makeup

I  don't know about you, but I love getting a little peek into other people's routines. There are also lots of products that I use on a daily basis, but never make it onto my blog. With both of these in mind, I decided that I'd give you guys a little peek into my everyday makeup. 
Though I didn't think that I wore a lot of makeup, this post made me think otherwise! So grab a cup of tea, because this is quite a long post (at least for me!).
I love using a primer before my base to make sure that my foundation of choice doesn't look cakey and cling to my dry patches. I haven't been using this for long enough to give a full review, but it leaves my skin feeling glowy and moisturized.
NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand in Fair
I've been using this concealer for a quite a few months, and I really like it. Thought it isn't incredibly high coverage, it doesn't make my skin look dry and does a fairly good job of coving blemishes.
I love the way that this makes my skin look, it's fairly high coverage for a BB creme. I'm not a fan of matte foundations on my skin, so I'm very happy that this isn't one. It leaves my skin looking more dewy and glowy than other foundations, and I love the way it feels.

     ♥     Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent
I've been using this for quite a while, and though it's a decent powder and pretty much does it's job, I'm on the lookout for a new one. Does anyone know of a good, cruelty-free, budget friendly powder for dryer skin? It's quite a tall order, I know!
I've been looking for a good cream blush, and I picked this up a few days ago. I can't give it a complete review because I'm so new to it and other cream blushes, but I quite like it. It has a medium pigmentation, and I quite like the shade.
I love this lip tint for days when I don't want anything too heavy on my lips. It's a perfect shade for autumn, and is quite moisturizing.
     ♥     Sephora Collection Wonderful Dreams Eyeshadow Palette
If I'm being honest, I'm only using this palette for one shade. The shade "Pretty Sunrise" is a beautiful gold tone, especially for autumn, and it's a more subtle and natural gold than other eyeshadows I own, but it still adds some shimmer to an everyday look.
This was an accidental buy. The tester that was under this wasn't the right one, and I ended up getting this instead. I'm sure that it would work fine for some people, but for me, the brush is very hard to control. It's not impossible, but not something that I want to do each morning. To be fair, though, the formula is quite nice.
This is one of my favourite mascaras of all time. Unlike other mascaras that I've tried, it gives a good amount of volume without clumping my lashes together. If it was waterproof and stayed put a little better, it would be perfect!

I haven't tried a whole lot of different eyeshadow primers so I don't really know how this can compare, but I've been using if for a fairly long time and it works well for me. It doesn't completely prevent creasing, but it's a whole lot better than nothing, and helps with eyeshadow pigmentation and keeping it put.
I LOVE this shade. Lately, I've been switching between using it as an eyeshadow and using it as an eyeliner. It works quite well for both, though I do have a little trouble with blending it as an eyeshadow without it loosing pigmentation.
Essence Mono Eyeshadow in 19 The Grammy Goes Glammy
I love a good shimmery cream/white eyeshadow, and this is no exception. I love using it to brighten up my eyes, and it blends very nicely.
Eyelash curlers look like some sort of torture device, don't they? I don't have much to say about this, other than the fact that it helps my droopy lashes on the outside of my eyes.

That was quite a long post, wasn't it! If you got though it, you get a gold star. And if you just skimmed it, that's cool too! I don't blame you.

Have you tried any of these? What is your daily makeup like?
**The Bunny = cruelty free beauty products*

28 comments:

  1. I don't have anything exactly the same like yours (I mean the brands and specific cosmetics) and my daily make-up? During summer only a mascara and an eye crayon or eyeshadows, and during cold days in autumn or winter - the same plus a light face powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like nice daily makeup! I'm going to try to cut down on my routine a little ♥

      Delete
  2. Do you think the NYX photowand would work for the under eye area? That's mostly where I have trouble these days (I should probably just sleep more lol).

    waltzandwillow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it would, I've heard of other people using it! I've used it under my eyes, and it does tend to crease a little, but I haven't found a concealer that doesn't yet ♥

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to try a cream blush, and Elf is one of my favorite drugstore makeup brands, so I'll have to look for it the next time I'm out! :)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lydia! I hope that you like it if you end up trying it ♥

      Delete
  4. These look great, awesome picks :-)

    Hugs, Hannie | Missing Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think that I don't wear a lot of makeup but when I put everything together I get a surprise! This palette looks lovely :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you do much Sarah, I'm happy that I'm not alone ♥

      Delete
  6. After reading this post I feel like I need to try more NYX products! hahah they're so cheap yet good! My daily make up is usually just some concealer, mascara and brows! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ariadna! They're one of my favourite brands ♥

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh that Sephora palette is so dreamy! <3
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely everyday picks. I really love the products from NYX, they're such great value for money x

    Tiffany Tales | Lifestyle & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tiffany! I totally agree, they're one of my favourites ♥

      Delete
  9. Now I definitely want to try out NYX primer and concealer. I don't use any kind of eyeshadows for my every day look as I am horrible with them and a bit lazy, haha. x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leta! I'd really recommend them ♥
      Eyeshadow was one of the first makeup items that I started wearing, so I've kind of just carried on with it. I like to think that I improved with them though, it looked pretty bad when I first started!

      Delete
  10. Great products and reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use Garnier's BB cream most of the time but I'd love to try the one you're using :)

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com | Let's follow each other on GFC ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd really recommend it ♥

      Delete
  12. I'm tempted to try the essence eyeshadow, I've been wanting a plain glitter shade for the longest time. My typical makeup routine is usually brows, mascara, and a pink lip, but if I'm really feeling it I like to go all out with contour and eyeshadows.

    Mish ♥ Mishs Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Mish! I don't think that you can really go wrong with it, it's so cheap.
      Aaah I never contour I'm so lazy and I don't have anything good to contour with ♥

      Delete
  13. Lovely! I love Elf products. They're super affordable and really do the trick!

    The Daily Delicacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  14. I am using the same pressed powder and I am on a look out for a new one. So, if you do find something, do let me know :) Also, I want to try out Elf products, they sound amazing :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely blog about it if I do! And I love elf, they're one of my favourite brands.
      Thank you for your comment Leta! ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
Please no spam or follow for follows!