Monday, 9 January 2017

Winter Body Care

One if my least favourite things about winter is how dry it makes everything. As someone with dry skin, this makes everything even worse. So, today, I thought that I'd share with you four of my favourite body care products to help my skin make it through the dry season.
This is the thickest body butter I've ever tried, and it's perfect if you want a really heavy duty moisturizer. It's also makes you smell like a dessert for a while after you use it!

Coconut Oil
This stuff is incredibly moisturizing, and perfect for just about everything. Not only does it smooth away any patches of dead skin, it also works wonders for dry hair. You can mix it with a little sugar for a super moisturizing DIY sugar scrub, too!


This is a fairly rough scrub for my sensitive skin, so I don't use it too often. It is, however, a heavy-duty scrub that does what it's supposed to do, and all things considered, it really isn't too bad for my sensitive skin so long as I don't use it every day or two. It's perfect for exfoliating all of your dead skin and making it feel squeaky clean!

Most of the body washes that I've used are either not moisturizing enough or a weird texture that doesn't lather the way I would like it to. This one, however, seems to work perfectly and makes my skin feel great after using it! Not to mention, it smells amazing, and usually makes my whole bathroom smell wonderful after I use it.

How do you like to keep your skin moisturized in the winter?

22 comments:

  1. Yes, the coconut oil is a useful thing, in kitchen too. I've been using a body balm with urea lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you like Coconut oil too! ♥

      Delete
  2. Coconut oil is THE BEST. I use it on my legs after shaving and as a deep conditioner for my hair. Cheap and effective!

    waltzandwillow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Elizabeth, it really is! ♥

      Delete
  3. Ah how I love coconut products!! Lovely post boo. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Happy New Year to you and your family!! Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dominica! Happy New Year to you, too ♥

      Delete
  4. I must try coconut oil - sounds good :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should Ananka! ♥

      Delete
  5. Like everybody else, I love coconut oil. It solves basically all your problems. xD Chapstick is also an essential for me in Winter because my lips get soooo chapped. :P

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand Lydia, mine do too ♥

      Delete
  6. I love The Body Shop's Shea Scrub! I do agree that it's a bit abrasive, but I usually use those scrubs about once a week. Thanks for sharing these products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Melissa! I'm happy to know that you like it too ♥

      Delete
  7. have you ever heard of carmex for the lips?! I think it is the BEST! it is not the cutest being bright yellow and all, but it sure does do the trick! I also love putting moisturizer lotion of any kind on my hands and feet and then sleeping with gloves and socks on. That makes me hands and feet SOOO SOFT! I swear by it! ^_~

    Theoccupiedoptimist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the tips Lillian! I'll have to try them ♥

      Delete
  8. In need of a spa day like this... ♥

    Anette Morgan
    www.anettemorgan.com
    Vegan Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coconut oil is a life saver when you're super dry!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. Please check out how I balayaged my own hair!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never used coconut oil before but it looks so good and versatile, and that's the same body wash I'm using at the moment - I love it! xx

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally try it Leigh! I'm happy that you like the Body Wash too ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!