Thursday, 23 February 2017

Current Cruelty Free Favourites

For those of you that don't know, cruelty free products are essentially products that aren't tested on animals. I would totally reccomend going cruelty free, and here's some great reasons on why to.
I started buying more cruelty free products sometime last spring, and I was shocked how many mainstream brands aren't cruelty free! There are still many options out there, however, including this list of cruelty free brands. I thought that I'd share with you some of my current cruelty free favourites as well!
elf Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Soiree
This is my go-to when I don't want to put too much work into my eye shadow. The creme formula makes it easy to work with and blend, and I love the shade. Purple shadows complement green eyes, but I usually don't like anything too bright or vibrant. This is the perfect blend of natural but pretty shades, and I love the little bit of shimmer it has.

elf Eye Pimer and Liner Sealer
I love the idea of the liner sealer, but I haven't used it yet, so I can't really judge it. I have used the primer though, and I absolutely love it! I picked this up because I was in need of a new primer, and this is the best one I've tried yet. I love the form that it's in, almost like a concealer sick, and how thick the texture is. It's the most crease-proof primer I've tried so far, and it makes my eyeshadow stay put all day long!


Marcelle Perfect Brow in Medium to Dark
I don't like wearing very dark, heavy brows, but I still like to keep them orderly. I've found that this brow gel is perfect for keeping my brows tamed, but not too dark or heavy.

The Body Shop Concealer All-In-One
This isn't the most high-coverage concealer I've ever tried, but I still love it. It doesn't make my skin look cakey, and is perfect for my dry skin. It didn't super easy to blend, but it works well if I use it under a lightweight BB cream. Even though the coverage isn't the best I've ever tried, it's still quite good.

The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes in 06
I've been really into gold eyes lately, and this is the cutest little set with such pretty shades. The gold shade isn't quite as pigmented as I would like, but it does its job. There's also so much product in one little cube! I don't think I'm going to have to worry about running out of this for a while.

Have you gone cruelty free? What are some of your favourite cruelty free products?


16 comments:

  1. I didn't know elf was cruelty free! These are great products, I tried out the body shop concealer before but as you said it isn't that full coverage. Still works great for me!

    Reine | Sincerely Reine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Reine! I'm happy that you like it as well ♥

      Delete
  2. I needed this post. It's so difficult to find cosmetics that are cruelty free, as that is always on my agenda. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you liked it Anna! ♥

      Delete
  3. Yeah. Most of my cosmetics are cruelty free or vegan. It's worth to check the fact out before buying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Body Shop products and I need to try elf ones. I haven't tried going completely cruelty free but I would love to in the future :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should Leta! It's kind of hard at first, but its totally worth it ♥

      Delete
  5. It's pretty selfish to test products on animals, I don't wear makeup but I've started getting into it like watching videos on YouTube and stuff.

    ~ Rukiya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo I keep meaning to try elf products and a liner sealer sounds so intriguing!? I'd love to know how you get on with it! I'm definitely almost in need of a new primer too so I'll make sure I pick that one up next time! :)

    Great post!

    Tania x | Teabee - UK Lifestyle, Beauty & Travel blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Tania! I hope that you like it if you end up trying it ♥

      Delete
  7. Love this post, love your blog as well, thank you for sharing, waiting for the next exiting post!!!

    xxx

    www.bridesonamission.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!