Thursday, 16 March 2017

5 Steps To De-Stressing

Stress affects all of us. There is no way to get rid of stress for good, and we shouldn't have to! Without stress, we wouldn't get anything done. There is a difference, though, between healthy levels of stress, and unhealthy levels of stress. It's easy to have too much stress, but it's not easy to get rid of. While everyone deals with stress differently, and I'm by no means an expert, I thought that I'd share what helps me to get rid of stress.


1. Stop and breathe
The first step to getting rid of stress is to take a step back and form the intention of getting rid of it. It's important to be able to tell when you're stressed, and what you need to do in order to get rid of it. This sounds really easy, but actually forming the intention to get rid of stress really helps me!

2. Make yourself a cup of tea
I'm not sue why, but a cup of tea always relaxes me. It may be the feeling of holding a warm mug in my hands, or even the act of getting up to make the tea, but it always makes me feel more grounded and content and helps my mind to focus.

3. Engage your body
For me, this usually means either stretching or dancing, but sometimes I do yoga, or go for a walk or run. Doing something physical helps my brain to slow down and to think more clearly. Make sure to do something that you enjoy and that makes you feel good!

4. Get dressed and/or put on makeup
Making myself look presentable always helps me to feel more prepared. I always tend to overdress, but you don't have to! The main point of this is to make you feel good about yourself, so it's important to wear something that you like.

5. Go out somewhere
Going out doesn't have to be something big. Some of my favourite places to go when I'm feeling down or stressed are libraries, coffee shops, bookstores, greenhouses, art galleries, and movies. Simply getting out of the house can really boost my mood.

How do you de-stress?

22 comments:

  1. Prayer is my first stop for de-stressing, and while I do that I take deep breaths to just chill out and get myself to calm down. It's amazing how much deep breathing can do for you! This is a great list :)

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, stopping to focus on my breathing can really help me! Thank you for sharing O ♥

      Delete
  2. I agree with the third point especially- running around and exercising is a great way to de-stress. I get really stressed before exams too especially if they're oral ones and I've found that hugging people helps me stay calm too xD

    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really helps me too! Thank you for sharing Kanra ♥

      Delete
  3. Going out- yes. I also like reading when I'm stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going out for a bit always helps. I would have to have hot chocolate instead of tea!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love hot chocolate when I was little! ♥

      Delete
  5. What a lovely list, dear Amy! I couldn't agree more, especially on the first one - just taking a moment to breathe can be so very helpful in calming us down & ensuring that we're able to look at a situation from a fresh perspective. I'd also add speaking with a loved one to the list - it's a simple thing (like many of these) but can be enormously useful, I've found. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! <3

    Topaz (Six Impossible Things)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Topaz, I'm so happy you liked it! I think that talking with a loved one is very important as well ♥

      Delete
  6. I love this post. It is so simple yet so effective! Thanks for sharing!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read, maybe we can follow each other's blogs and social media?

    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are lovely little tips! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going out somewhere or sitting in a place that's peaceful and calm where you're just to yourself helps a lot! And of course, tea is always there in times of need!

    -Kathie K
    Half A World Away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Kathie! Thank you for your comment ♥

      Delete
  9. You've got some fab tips here! There is nothing better than a cup of tea x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me I like either do something, or do nothing at all. So I'll either get dressed and try and do my makeup nicely or I'll sit down and watch a movie or something like that :)

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I find that both work well for me! ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!