Tuesday, 8 September 2015

How To: Whimsical Braid

You may be wondering why I call this whimsical. It's just messy, you say. Well, I raise to you this question: do you think that faeries would have time to make their hair nice and neat? I don't think that they would. I do think, though, that they would take the time to stop and put some fresh flowers in their hair.
Before we start, I'd like to say that I'm by no means a hair expert. If this doesn't work for you, that's ok! If you have an idea on how I could do something better, I'm all ears.
 You Will Need:
♥ A clear elastic
♥ Bobby pins
♥ Fresh flowers (optional)
♥ Lots of time and patience to let your hair dry
1. Starting with wet hair, make a simple braid. Don't worry about it being neat, mine certainly isn't.
2. Wait for your hair to dry (this may take a few hours). Your braid should be fuller and have more volume.
3. To make your braid even bigger, use your fingers to gently pull it apart.
4. Intertwine your flowers in your braid and use bobby pins to keep them in place. I cut some sweet peas from my backyard and placed them from darkest to lightest, but do whatever works for you. You could also use paper flowers if you'd like.

If you try this I would love to know! You can leave a comment down below or email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com.

Also, please let me know if you have any hair tutorial requests ♥
-Amy

36 comments:

  1. It's a nice hair tutorial! Fresh flowers look so lovely in your hair :)

    Smoky eyes step by step // www.keenonbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D What an unusual yet lovely idea :) You may feel like a hippie or a fairy for some time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful tutorial and I love the fact that you used real flowers :)

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing! Fresh flowers look beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course fairies would make time to put flowers in their hair, LOL.

    Thanks for sharing this "whimsical" tutorial. I had fun reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you so much Gabriela ♥

      Delete
  6. amazing post

    http://lookforpau.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a nice idea. Very pretty look for your hair! I like it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so pretty and romantic. Thx for sharing.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looks so pretty! I love braiding my hair (or have my sister braiding it for that matter, ahem).
    Thanks for sharing this! ^-^

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carla, me too ♥

      Delete
  10. I have a hair tutorial request!Can you share a tutorial for a style where you pin your hair up so it's all above your neck, but still looks fashionable? My hair must be as long yours, so I really appreciate the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Catalina! I have an idea in mind, but it's more complex. Is that ok? ♥

      Delete
  11. This is so lovely and pretty!! Thanks for the inspiration, Amy!
    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you incorporate the flowers! How lovely is this?!

    xoxo,
    WWW.THEFRUGALBLOGGER.NET
    INSTAGRAM
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, soooo pretty, Amy. xx Your hair is so long and gorgeous.
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tutorial ♥♥ The flowers add a really nice princess-y touch.

    x Mishs Diary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
Please no spam or follow for follows!