Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Winter Shimmer

I don't think that there's anything that brightens up a dreary day quite like a little shimmer. Okay, maybe more than a little. But I can help it! I'm completely shimmer and glitter obsessed. I'm not sure why, I never used to be. But that past year, I haven't been able to get enough of it.
Some of these products have a lot of shimmer, and some not so much. A lot of these are also really old, but I did my best to find a link to them somewhere on the Internet. And some of them are new, but the links wouldn't work, so I had to look elsewhere.
This polish has a high concentration of very fine glitter. I love the ladylike colour, and the texture really stands out. The colour also seems to change depending on what light it's in. It was one of my first textured polishes, and I absolutely love it.
The one I linked to isn't the same as the one in the photo, but it looks quite similar. I quite like pairing this shadow with a more natural makeup look and a generous helping of mascara. While the cream formula of the pink really enhances the colour, I find that it's not too overwhelming.
This is certainly not a product for those scared of loud makeup. It's extremely pigmented and really stands out. While not something I'd choose for everyday use, I think it's a gorgeous shadow.If you're not afraid of glitter, I think it's perfect!
I swatched this in this post. While this is very different from the first polish, I think that it's very pretty. It has larger glitters but is still classy and feminine. It came in a set with a polish to layer it over, but I think that it could be very versatile.
I'm officially in love with this palette. Though not all of the shadows are shimmery, I felt the need to include it in this post. I think that the shades are both elegant and natural, and quite easy to wear. This palette may require a post of it's own, so if you'd like one, please let me know!
Mark First Blush
The highlighter in this is amazing. It's very reflective, so if you use to much of it, it looks a little clown like. If you use the right amount, however, it adds a gorgeous radiance to your skin.It also has the cutest floral packaging.
This is the gloss that made me fall in love with lip glosses. I use this when I want to go for a nude lip, it makes my lips look fuller and adds a little extra shine to them. Most glosses make me feel rather childish, but this one can look elegant if you don't use to much.

Have you tried any of these? What are your favourite shimmery products?

-Amy

8 comments:

  1. There was a time I loved shimmer and now I love gloss :D
    But I loved shimmer in nail polishes and some glitters too so I understand your obsession ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really can't be a bit of shimmer :-D

    I do like the nail polishes a lot :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! I tagged you to do The Infinity Dreams Award.
    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dani, but I don't do tags anymore ♥

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Emelia, no problem ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
Please no spam or follow for follows!