Monday, 18 April 2016

April Ask the Blogger: Jemma from Dorkface

Hello! Today's post is the first post in what I hope will become a monthly series: Ask The Blogger. Each month I'll interview a new blogger with both questions of my own and questions that you guys asked. This month's is the amazing Jemma from Dorkface. Enjoy!

 1. Hi Jemma! Could you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
I'm a UK blogger/illustrator and all around social media addict! My blog is a place for lifestyle, beauty, books, art and whatever else I feel like writing about. It's a place I can express myself and share ideas, which I love doing!
2. Why did you decide to start your blog? 
I had read blogs for years, and started a few of my own but never really stuck to them. In 2014 I was stuck in a job I hated, and decided to start one as something fun to do in my spare time.
3. How did you come up with your blog name?
I wanted something that expressed me - and I'm a huge dork! I also loved that it was simple and memorable! :)
 4. You post quite often, how do you stay inspired and come up with fresh ideas? 
I always plan ahead, and I'm always in 'blogging mode' trying to think up ideas or include topics I'm interested in. Pinterest can be a huge inspiration also.
5. What is your favourite type of post to write?
I love personal, chatty posts! Anything where I get to ramble about my life or my week is good. I also love doing creative DIY posts! - Though they are much harder to do!
6. How did you decide to become a full-time blogger? 
It just sort of happened really! I was spending all my free time working on my blog and pushing it to succeed. It got to a point where I was making just enough to be able to quit my job, so I took the plunge!
 7. How has blogging changed your life (if it has)? 
It is now my career, my biggest motivation and it makes me so happy. I have so many amazing blogger friends too! I feel so inspired all the time and I get to live a creative life which I think is the best thing ever!
8. Have you learned any "life lessons" from blogging? 
Yes. Nobody knows what they're doing. We're all just trying to make the best of things. Also that if you really put your heart and soul into something, you can achieve your goals.
9. Do you have any tips for new bloggers? 
Be yourself, post often, promote yourself on social media often, get talking to lots of other bloggers, and don't be afraid to try something different - in fact, DEFINITELY be different. It will help you stand out :)
I hope that you guys enjoyed the interview and learned some new things about blogging! Definitely check out Jemma's blog if you haven't, it's amazing.

-Amy

32 comments:

  1. great !!
    please follow my blog : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great new series; I would love to be interviewed one time <3
    I love her hair, and that was such a cute interview.

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lexie, I'll definitely keep you in mind ♥

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm happy that I could introduce her blog to you!

      Delete
  4. Great post! Awesome interview. I didn't know about Dorkface, so thanks for introducing me!
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mona, and no problem ♥

      Delete
  5. Could you, I dunno, do me for an ask the blogger???!!! Please please please!!!
    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely keep you in mind Dani! ♥

      Delete
  6. cannot wait for the may ask blogger ! x

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this interview! Jemma is an absolutely sweetheart and she's such a good human being. Loved to hear her answers :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leta! Isn't she? ♥

      Delete
  8. Aww thank you SO much for featuring me - it was so lovely to be asked! :)
    Jemma xx
    DORKFACE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Jemma! Thank YOU for participating ♥

      Delete
  9. what a lovely interview! jemma and her blog are great:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura, aren't they? ♥

      Delete
  10. I love this series idea! And her hair omg <3

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Jemma's blog and her art so this was such a joy to read! Lovely idea Amy <3
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cara, I'm happy you liked it ♥

      Delete
  12. Yay for Jemma! She's such an awesome blogger, and super cool and sweet! I can't wait to see more of these Amy! I bet they will be amazing <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bash! Isn't she amazing? ♥

      Delete
  13. Jemma's blog is just wonderful! I'm not a new reader of hers, but I enjoyed this interview all the same. x
    If you're looking for someone to interview, I'd love to participate sometime.
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sanjana! I'm happy that you liked it ♥

      Delete
  14. Thats such a cute interview! Really like her!
    I wish I could live from my blog too...

    Your blog is pretty cool! Would be so happy if you could follow each other :)
    xoxo, Colli
    tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow such an awesome idea for a new series! Will definitely be keeping my eye out for the other interviews you do :) xx

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so happy you like it ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
Please no spam or follow for follows!