Wednesday, 11 May 2016

Sunlit Stripes

The weather here has been crazy lately, so my outfits have been all over the place. First, it was really quite hot, which was a change from the usual Canadian spring weather. Then, it was very cold and windy, which I like, but was a very sudden change. That's how this outfit was born: me trying to find a mix of hot and cold weather clothes.
Sunlit Stripes Outfit
I got this dress from a thrift store recently, and I absolutely love it. I'm a total sucker for black and white stripes and higher necklines. It's also super comfortable, it feels just like I'm wearing a T-shirt.

Sunlit Stripes Outfit
I found this jean jacket buried somewhere in the depths of my closet. I haven't worn it for a very long time, and it's a little too small, but we're just going to pretend that it's not noticeable.
Sunlit Stripes Outfit
I'm also a sucker for geometric jewelery. I got this little ring at American Eagle last summer, and I like it because it's not too overpowering.
Sunlit Stripes Outfit
I also wanted to thank you guys for being the best batch of readers that I could ever hope for. I know that this isn't a very large blog, but I really appreciate all of the sweet comments that you leave on my posts and this happy little community that we're forming.
Sunlit Stripes Outfit
Outfit Details
Thrifted Dress similar
Old Jean Jacket similar
Old Tights similar
Thrifted Boots
Old Ring similarsimilar
Old Necklace similar

-Amy

34 comments:

  1. I love the dress! I have a shirt with the same pattern, except the stripes are more navy blue, and I love it so much. The moon necklace is also pretty. I think that outer space inspired jewelry(stars, moon, sun...) is great.
    Bridgette| A Bit of This and That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bridgette! I love anything outer space inspired ♥

      Delete
  2. AHHH YOUR OUTFIT IS SO CUTE. Tights and combat boots are the best. And your hair is so pretty!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Ellie! ♥

      Delete
  3. Super cute outfit! I really like the dress and necklace!

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nabila ♥

      Delete
  4. I like this dress a lot together with the jacket. The ring is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The necklace is absolutely gorgeous, and that dress really suits you! Great outfit xo

    www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much Lexie ♥

      Delete
  6. Lovely outfit, your poses are so cute ♥=w=♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you look so cute! I have a dress similar to yours but I didn't get it from a thrift shop though! So thrifty-nifty haha! And the necklace! So cute! <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you so much Bash! I'm so happy that you like the outfit ♥

      Delete
  8. Jean jackets with stripes is such a great combination, you really can't go wrong with it!

    Kathryn • The Fashionography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathryn, I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  9. The necklace is so cute, really enjoyed reading this post and looking forward to reading more!x

    http://theanonymoustourist.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so happy that you liked it ♥

      Delete
  10. The dress together with that jacket is just perfect! You look so cute in it!
    Love love love it!
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Mona! ♥

      Delete
  11. cute dress!! it looks great on you! :)

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carolina ♥

      Delete
  12. This is gorgeous! I love your style, it's very similar to mine! Maybe just add a simple watch to make it chic! But I adore the outfit c:

    Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicole! That's a wonderful idea, but I think I lost all of my watches, haha ♥

      Delete
  13. I LOVE this outfit!! I totally understand the struggle of Canadian spring weather, it's usually freezing where I live up until mid-July!!
    -Em
    destinationblissblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Em, I totally understand! ♥

      Delete
  14. you look adorable c:
    xo
    http://diaryofseresha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
Please no spam or follow for follows!