Thursday, 9 February 2017

February's Ask the Blogger: Daisy from Wear Daisy Went

This was originally supposed to be January's Ask The Blogger, but because I was disorganized and left things to the last minute, it ended up being February's instead. Here's to me being more on top of things this month!

I'm really excited to say that this month's Ask The Blogger is Daisy from Wear Daisy Went. Her blog is so bright and cheerful, and always leaves me feeling inspired.

If you don't know what Ask The Blogger is, it's a monthly series where you guys send in questions for a blogger and I compile them all into one big post. Anyways, lets jump right into the interview!

 1. Hi Daisy! Could you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
Hello! I'm Daisy, the creator behind Wear Daisy Went, a beauty blog with a hint of lifestyle and fashion thrown in too.
I currently work in travel and my dream is to one day explore the world taking as many photos as I can along the way. I live in a small town by the sea but I'd love to move to London for a year or two and explore the city.

2. Describe yourself in 5 words
Ooh this is hard, I would have to say - creative, optimistic, ambitious, introverted and hardworking.

 3. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I had been reading blogs non stop for a good two years before I decided to start my own. I ideally wanted somewhere to record lifestyle related posts to have something to look back on, a sort of visual diary. I originally wanted to stick to just 'day in the life' posts but soon realised my love for beauty gave me a lot more to talk about!


4. How did you choose your blog name?
I was playing around with different names for so long. I wanted something that I wouldn't regret or grow out of a couple of months later. As soon as 'Wear Daisy Went' popped into my head I knew it would give me the freedom to write about different topics and I couldn't think of anything else without going back to this one!

5. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I would have to say my favourite aspect of blogging is initially creating the content and watching it come together. I love seeing a post go from just an idea to a mini online editorial! I also loved the social side of it, chatting to other like minded bloggers is great, especially when the community is so supportive and inspiring.

6. What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
The pressure! With social media playing a massive part of our everyday lives it's hard not to feel inadequate sometimes. I think it's far too easy to get stuck in a rut with comparing yourself to others and this is never healthy!


7. What is your favourite type of post to write?
I personally enjoy writing lifestyle/travel posts the most. I feel like these are the most sentimental and the main reason I created a blog. It's such an amazing feeling to be able to look back on trips and holidays and relive the moment. This is definitely something I want to include more of this year.

8. Why do you like blogging?
I love having that extra project to work on and feel proud of. Before blogging I didn't really have any hobbies, so this gave me something to work towards. I've had some amazing opportunities in the last year that I wouldn't have experienced otherwise and I'm super grateful for every one of these.

9. What do you like to do to unwind away from the Internet?
I've promised myself that in 2017 I will allow more time to unwind from the internet and all the scrolling. To help me switch off I like to have a bath, go for a long walk outside, cook one of my favourite meals and snuggle up with a good book or film. All things 'Hygge' basically!


10. Have you learned any "life lessons" from blogging?
I've learnt that there's not enough hours in the day! I've also realised I don't give myself enough credit and we should celebrate every single success no matter how big or small.

11. How has blogging changed your life (if it has)?
Blogging has definitely given me more of a purpose and I have learnt some valuable skills from photography to editing and writing! It's also really helped with boosting my self confidence, I'm a lot less self aware and I feel so much happier in myself because of it.

12. What advice would you give to fellow female bloggers in regards to staying true to oneself?
Don't worry about what other people are doing. It's so easy to get caught up in popular trends of the moment and follow the crowd. So just remember why you started a blog in the first place and remind yourself of this whenever you start to go off track. If you don't enjoy it the chances are your readers will be able to pick up on that too.

13. What would you say to the people who want to start blogging but are still hesitating?
Just go for it. There is literally nothing to lose from starting a blog, so experiment with different topics and see what works for you! Just don't give up and don't pay too much attention to numbers either. All good things take time, so the more effort you put it the more rewards you will see. 

I hope that you enjoyed this interview! If you haven't already, you should totally go check out Daisy's blog 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
Please no spam or follow for follows!