Saturday, 29 April 2017

April's Ask The Blogger: Olivia from What Olivia Did

It seems like I haven't been on this blog for forever! I had lots of posts planned, but they all had to be put on hold for a little while because I got sick. I'm back today, though, with another  Ask The Blogger post! 
This month's blogger is Olivia from What Olivia DidIf you don't know what Ask The Blogger is, it's a monthly series where you guys send in questions for a blogger and I compile them all into one big post. Anyways, lets jump right into the interview!

1. Hi Olivia! Could you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
Hello! I'm Olivia- I'm 23 years old, I live in South East London and I've been blogging for 7 years this year- which is slightly crazy (and makes me feel like one of the elders of the internet)! I started my blog whilst studying in sixth form (as Blogger was one of the only websites you could access on school computers)!

2. Describe yourself in 5 words
This is always tricky- but I'd probably say 'likes to think she's funny' ha ha! In all seriousness (and if I'm attempting to not be modest) I'd ~like~ to think I'm caring, thoughtful, honest, silly and creative.


3. What's your biggest dream?

It probably sounds a bit daft, but one day I'd rally just like to own a home and have my own family. There are other career related things I definitely hope to achieve one day, but I try to not put too much pressure on myself and appreciate each step as it happens. I read in a book recently that if you're creative you have to appreciate the metaphorical 'journey up the mountain' as there isn't ever really a peak- so I try to just appreciate things as they happen (without sounding too deep)!
4. What are you the most proud of?
Other than my dog Maggie (haha), I'm hugely proud of how hard I've worked on my blog and how much it's grown in the last few years. I find it incredibly hard to switch off so seeing my work pay off and having such a loyal and supportive readership is incredible. 
5. Why did you decide to start a blog?
Honestly? Because a girl I worked with in Topshop had one and I thought she was SO cool (and naturally, a blog would make me cool too ; ). I was also studying photography at the time and it seemed like a good way of sharing what I'd been up to and acting like an online portfolio of sorts.

6. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
This is tough! Either getting to meet and ~connect~ with so many amazing women (and men) around the world, or getting to travel and see it. Sometimes I can't believe how fortunate I've been. 
7. What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
Mainly the ability to not switch off! I enjoy it so much that it sometimes merges hobby/career which makes it difficult to know where to draw the line and take a break- but that's definitely a nice problem to have!

8. What is your favourite type of post to write?
I'll always love doing outfit posts (because I love putting together a cool location and story)- but one of the most satisfying is putting together a travel guide, and although they definitely take the most time- I find them the most satisfying (especially as I know they're the most useful for people)!

9. What do you like to do to unwind away from the Internet?
At moment I've really gotten back into reading (which sounds very ordinary) but I find getting stuck into a great book whilst curled up on the sofa very therapeutic (and definitely makes you realize there's a world away from the internet)!


10. How has blogging changed your life (if it has)?

It's definitely given me a lot more opportunities to work with brands I never thought I'd be able to, and grow in terms of my skill set (i.e. photography, writing, art direction)- but I still have the same set of best friends, I'm still at home- so things haven't been too dramatic!

11. What would you say to the people who want to start a blog but are still hesitiating?

Just do it! I say this all the time, and it's hugely obvious, but if you never start you'll never have something to improve or grow.

I hope that you enjoyed this interview! If you haven't already, you should totally go check out Olivia's blog 

Bloglovin//Instagram//Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. She looks very nice and her outfits are cool, natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart!
    You conducted a very good interview with interesting questions.
    Blogging can definitely be hard to turn away from once you've started and love it!

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Adi!
      I totally agree ♥

      Delete
  3. I definitely love reading a good book to wind down as well!!

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really loved this! I love her youtube channel too :) :)

    Elfie

    https://ethicalbunny.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you liked it Elfie ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
Please no spam or follow for follows!