Monday, 29 May 2017

May's Ask The Blogger: Elizabeth from Ice Cream Whispers Clara

This month's blogger is Elizabeth from Ice Cream Whisper's Clara! She has the most wonderful whimsical blog filled with pastel tones. If you don't know what Ask The Blogger is, it's a monthly series where you guys send in questions for a blogger and I compile them all into one big post. Anyways, lets jump right into the interview!

1. Hi Elizabeth! Could you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
"Ice Cream" whispers Clara is a romantic lifestyle blog set in the Lake District. It's a place for everything sweet and darling, with a special focus on nature, natural beauty, vintage flair and our adventures with a baby. When I was younger I craved 19th century style fashions and even made my own dresses to wear wherever I went, imagining what life might have been like in a different era. Today my blog is my outlet for old fashioned flair in a modern world - and I hope to inspire living like Jane Austen characters in our own story.

2. Can you describe your aesthetic in 5 words? 
Hmm whimsical, romantic, delicate, old-fashioned and shabby chic

3.  How long have you been blogging? 

My passion in blogging is to draw attention to mundane things and make them seem magical again. I started blogging in about 2011 and have since blogged on and off about different things. It was in May 2015 that my life really changed, I gave birth to my little boy, and found my niche. Ever since I found my niche - who I am as a person - I have been hooked on blogging and crafting my little magical internet corner haha.

4. What started you blogging?

I started blogging just to have my own little space on the web, but at first it was so difficult to find a direction. I tried to force myself in to categories to be like other bloggers, but after doing it a while, in 2013 I saw my passions start to come through with posts like 'Bluebell Woods'. I met my partner online not long after that and stopped blogging as an embarrassed 17-18 year old. It was to be two years until I returned to my blog and completely made it over, but it was because I was in love with what it had started to become - and I still refer back to that post to inspire me when I am in a creative rut.



5. Any advice on being consistent and managing blogs/social media?
Being consistent and managing social media is so hard! Often it can get on top of you and it can feel like a chore. I'm still learning to abandon something when it isn't fun or feeling worthwhile, but if you treat blogging as a fun hobby, a treat for you, then it becomes easier to do and at times I don't want to do anything else haha! Don't even think about numbers and promoting until later, fashion your little space, gift yourself time and freedom, focus solely on making it beautiful and unique to you.

6. What do you do when you run out of ideas for your blog, social media, etc.?

Living in the Lakes is a great source of inspiration to me; I adore the work of the romantic poets and Beatrix Potter. Nature itself is so inspiring and I love how it can make you feel different things. I would say to go outside and soak up everything like a sponge, go to a forest clearing, pretend you're a forest nymph, go to an art gallery, go to the beach, go to the city or somewhere desolate and haunted. Watch how these places make you feel. I love to go back to previous posts I've loved doing and draw inspiration from them!

7. Spill a blogging secret?

My room is so tiny! From what you see from my picture, the bed and wardrobe are literally all that can fit in there haha. We have a little rose garden outside our window, which is so nice to look at in summer. I live with all boys so the rest of our flat is a boy zone, but they don't mind my little pink retreat.

8. Makeup or skincare? 
For me, makeup! I have very sensitive skin so my routine is most often warm water, as my face is very reactive. Makeup tends to be kinder than cleansers for me and I love putting together a collection and the creativity that comes with it. One of my favourite acts of self care is trying out different looks, I love it!



9. What's your favourite lipstick shade?

My joint favourites are Papa Don't Peach, Too Faced Peach Gloss (it's like a lipstick I swear) and Tokyo, NYX soft lip creams. I also love to use a rose lip salve regularly.

10. Favorite thing to do in summer? 

My favourite thing in summer is probably lighting candles on midsummer evenings, it's such a beautiful feeling! Having my windows open, taking photos of as many flowers as possible and maybe even spotting a deer.

11. Do you have any advice for someone wanting to start a blog?
My advice is to follow your passions, be kind to yourself and allow yourself all the time you need to fashion your dream space and learn things along the way. I love to see blogging as a kind of experiment haha, there will definitely be times where it feels so difficult to do, or where you feel down or criticise your work but with every post you are getting better, creating everything you dreamed of and growing in so many ways.

I hope that you enjoyed this interview! If you haven't already, definitely go check out Elizabeth's blog.

20 comments:

  1. This is great! I love reading these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this post especially the advice she gives !

    Samara // themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you like it Samara ♥

      Delete
  3. Loved hearing these answers, and Elizabeth's blog is so cute and gorgeous!!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexie, I totally agree! ♥

      Delete
  4. Awww so kind, thank you so much for interviewing me Amy, I can't wait to read more from this series! I loved the questions! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Elizabeth! Thank you so much for being a part of it ♥

      Delete
  5. I love her simple vintage aesthetic so much! Great interview. ^.^

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too! Thank you Abigail ♥

      Delete
  6. Love these question posts, so interesting getting to know things about other bloggers and their interests and passions! x

    -Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh, I'm so happy that you like them! ♥

      Delete
  7. I love these posts so much Amy! I adore Elizabeth's blog too so this was such a great read <3
    http://www.britishmermaid.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you liked it Cara! ♥

      Delete
  8. Pretty photos. This person seems very nice.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Hello!
    I love the post hehe.
    I followed your blog, would you follow me back?
    A hug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these interview questions and how humble and down to earth she is. Awesome!
    www.fashionflurry4.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
Please no spam or follow for follows!